Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2016 RS5

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2014, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lmariorod
Here is one for the 60K RANGE.

This was a closed track. To test the track performance of both cars. If I had a choice of only one car of these two to take out on a closed track. It would be the M4 and not the RS.
The drifting and fishtailing was sweet to watch and do on a track. Something the heavy AWD RS cannot, will not do.

The RWD M3 or this M4 will always outperform the heavier AWD RS. Plain and simple. You and other RS owners are in denial and making excuses for a track compromised RS.
Thanks for your feedback on this, I have an Audi Exclusive Nogaro 2015 RS5 on order and after thinking about it I might have to reconsider.

During my daily commute I drift around probably 1 out of every 3 corners, sure it scares the pedestrians, sure I hit a few bikes, but YOLO.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Expert

Received 41 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by Ash83
current RS5 model is the last breed of NA V8s !!!! and what a farewell this V8 is beyond Amazing!!!!!!!
Totally agree that this V8 is amazing and from what I read the Audi Turbo V8s still have lag even with the turbos being on top in the valley of the engine. I would rather Audi go the route GM has with Supercharging.

Also I can't help but feel the long term effects of that heat on the hood and engine components (sure lots of heat shielding) will start showing up in a few years. Audi should put in a NASA scoop to pull that heat out.
Old 07-22-2014, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by Reggie
Totally agree that this V8 is amazing and from what I read the Audi Turbo V8s still have lag even with the turbos being on top in the valley of the engine. I would rather Audi go the route GM has with Supercharging.

Also I can't help but feel the long term effects of that heat on the hood and engine components (sure lots of heat shielding) will start showing up in a few years. Audi should put in a NASA scoop to pull that heat out.
I drove a new S6 a few weeks ago and I must say I didn't notice much lag, but that might be because I was so underwhelmed by everything else. The biggest issue with these new V8s is COD. In order for the driver not notice when the engine runs on 4-cylinder, they basically cancelled out all engine and exhaust noise in the S6. The car sounds amazing on the outside, but then you get in and it's concert hall silence. It was an absolutely disappointing experience coming from the RS5. I was waiting for the throttle blips every time I downshifted, but the only way I could tell that I actually downshifted was by looking at the revs. I also expected much more based on how everybody is raving about this engine, but it felt slower than my RS5 and very civilized. I suppose that's what Audi is going for on the S6. I need to drive an RS7 when I get the chance and see how different it is there.