Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2016 RS5

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2014, 08:19 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 33 Likes on 11 Posts

expect release date as early as late 2016 early 2017..Many things points towars V6 but they may try to fit V8 TT in the new B9 platform..will see
Old 07-15-2014, 10:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I do not know if this is just sales hype but two dealers have told me that there will be no RS5 after 2015 so I should buy now if I really want one.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:28 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most likely never.. 2016 RS5 is not in the works as of now.
Old 07-15-2014, 02:55 PM
68l
Audiworld Junior Member

Never meant to imply I didn't like the current RS5 interior. Apparently made a bad assumption that Audi would strive to improve the current model, to include all aspects of the car. Also assumed they would want to produce a new RS5 that can compete with the M4. Not that it can't at this time, but let's be honest, the car is getting old and will most likely lose every comparison to the niche market who can and will but a 80k sports car.
Old 07-15-2014, 06:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 68l
Never meant to imply I didn't like the current RS5 interior. Apparently made a bad assumption that Audi would strive to improve the current model, to include all aspects of the car. Also assumed they would want to produce a new RS5 that can compete with the M4. Not that it can't at this time, but let's be honest, the car is getting old and will most likely lose every comparison to the niche market who can and will but a 80k sports car.
Not that sports car magazines are infallible, but the ones that I have read over the past year or so are not exactly enamored with the RS5. I've read more favorable reviews of the S4/S5 than I have about the RS5, and I expect that this is because of the price points of the respective models. $80K puts you right in the cross hairs of cars like the M4 and 981GTS.
Old 07-15-2014, 09:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1,065 Likes on 740 Posts

Originally Posted by sly1
Not that sports car magazines are infallible, but the ones that I have read over the past year or so are not exactly enamored with the RS5. I've read more favorable reviews of the S4/S5 than I have about the RS5, and I expect that this is because of the price points of the respective models. $80K puts you right in the cross hairs of cars like the M4 and 981GTS.
It's the usual suspects that think if something in this class doesn't go sideways on a regular basis it's no good. Most of these reviews are a joke and most car journalist don't know what to do with an AWD performance car. There are people like Randy Pobst who get the RS5. You should read what he had to say. Here's an excerpt. This is from the Motor Trend comparison of the C63 507 against the RS5.

"Given how high Randy was on the 507, we figured the less powerful, heavier RS 5 had no shot. We couldn't have been more wrong. Posting a best lap of 1:42.97, it was 0.48 second quicker, but Randy's comments suggested more like 4.8 seconds. "The R8 should be half this good! This car is fantastic. I adore it. It does such a great job utilizing all-wheel-drive traction off the corner, with zero push. You just drive in there and you think it's too early, but you just floor it and you're like, man, I should've gotten on the gas sooner. And no push, no oversteer -- it just drives right out of there, beautifully carving an exit line, using all the power. The gearbox is also very friendly. I just got more confident with carrying speed in and trusting the grip." Indeed, Pobst was able to dive deeper into the corners in the Audi and then carry more speed through the turns. That's where the Benz lost time, albeit not that much. Had it not been for the 507's underhood advantages, which gave it the drop exiting corners and on straightaway Vmax, the RS 5 would have extended the gap."
Old 07-15-2014, 10:18 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 68l
Ah, the subtlety of the passive aggressive troll.

Audi will improve the car, on its normal generational cycle, which just happens not to coincide with BMW's M3/4 model at the moment.

And as regards the 'old' comment, it's just such a retarded notion that just because a car turns a slightly slower lap time than the latest car released it's suddenly 'old', particularly given the fact that the average driver couldn't even come close to using all the performance in the last place car in any of these magazine comparos.

The RS5 is a timeless design that will stand the test of time and still look great 20 years from now. As a former M3 owner, I think the M3 hasn't looked good since the E46.

Interestingly, I was just watching a video comparison of the RS5 against the brand new M4. As expected the M4 was about 2 seconds faster around the track. Also, as expected it took a professional driver using all his skill to slide that car all over the track to do that time, while the RS5 ran just off the pace in perfect control, with a ton of composure and grip. As I watched it, it occurred to me that the average driver would probably turn a faster time in the RS5 and certainly would be quicker on the road, where driving tail out everywhere just isn't possible or wise.
Old 07-15-2014, 10:23 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by sly1
Not that I think anyone should buy a car based on media reviews, but if you go on YouTube and search on RS5 review, you'll find review after review that is overwhelmingly positive of the RS5. Particularly, those that focus on it as a road car.

Truth is, all of the cars in this class are pretty awesome. Just a matter of what pushes your buttons.
Old 07-17-2014, 04:46 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 68l
Clearly this car is not for you.. move on to the m4 boards.
Old 07-17-2014, 09:45 PM
68l
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by vr90802
Clearly this car is not for you.. move on to the m4 boards.
Just the opposite actually. I loved the RS5, especially after test driving both cars. In fact, my mind was made up the second I drove her, simply fell in love with the car. And this is coming from someone who has owned a BMW since 2004. I just wish folks weren't so sensitive about observations and or comments. "Passive aggressive troll". Kind of a D Bag comment.

Quick Reply: 2016 RS5