Audi A5 / S5 / RS5 Coupe & Cabrio (B8) Discussion forum for the B8 Audi A5, S5 and RS5 Coupe and Cabriolet Model years 2009 - 2017

2013 A5 Cabriolet Questions

Old 08-21-2013, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 A5 Cabriolet Questions

Since Audi USA didn't know the answer to these questions maybe someone here can help.

1. In the owner's manual it says that if two people use the car and use their own key that it will save the settings like the seat memory. I can't get it to do that. Is there a setting to enable this? I'm hoping that I can use my key with my seat settings, get out, and then my partner can use his key and the seat will go to his settings without having to hold the memory button and wait for it to adjust.

2. The owner's manual mentions that you can open and close the convertible top with the convenience key. It describes two ways of doing this, one by taking out the metal key and putting it in the driver's door key hole, and another with the convenience key, but it doesn't describe how to do this. It works with the physical key in the lock but doesn't work by holding the lock or unlock buttons.

Thanks for any help!
Old 08-22-2013, 05:41 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rick Fields
Since Audi USA didn't know the answer to these questions maybe someone here can help.

1. In the owner's manual it says that if two people use the car and use their own key that it will save the settings like the seat memory. I can't get it to do that. Is there a setting to enable this? I'm hoping that I can use my key with my seat settings, get out, and then my partner can use his key and the seat will go to his settings without having to hold the memory button and wait for it to adjust.

2. The owner's manual mentions that you can open and close the convertible top with the convenience key. It describes two ways of doing this, one by taking out the metal key and putting it in the driver's door key hole, and another with the convenience key, but it doesn't describe how to do this. It works with the physical key in the lock but doesn't work by holding the lock or unlock buttons.

Thanks for any help!
There is a settting in the MMI if I remember quickly. KEY is part of the function description.

You should be able to do the top from the key hole in the door but there is a certain sequence and key position that takes getting used to. I can do it sometimes and other times I can't. It's tricky.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Actually, to use the remote to open/close your top you'll first need to code it via VAG-com cable.

Go to module 5- Access/Start Authorization

change Byte 2 to 00001111

then you can enable it in the car settings in your MMI.

To open the top, press unlock briefly, then within 2 seconds press and HOLD unlock until completely open. Reverse to close with the lock button.

I did it on mine and it works great. In Europe they have it enabled from factory as a convenience feature. In the states it might be one of those lawsuit things where they don't want to be responsible...
Old 09-11-2013, 06:00 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Forgive my ignorance. How do you get a VAG cable.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:24 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

http://store.ross-tech.com/shop/cat/VCDS.html

You buy the cable and get the software download for free. If you do a search on this and other Audi forums you'll find lots of things you can code with this. As well as do your own fault code reading if you ever have a warning light pop up in your car.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Chocoholic, I tried your suggestions but did not work.
I went to the module 5- Access/Start Authorization, then went in " long coding" you did not say this but I guessed, then went to Byte 2 and changed it to the value you provided and hit "exit", then "done" but i got a warning like " no new value was provided..."
Any idea?
I have a 2013 S5 cab
Thx
Old 09-13-2013, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by garlandpr
Chocoholic, I tried your suggestions but did not work.
I went to the module 5- Access/Start Authorization, then went in " long coding" you did not say this but I guessed, then went to Byte 2 and changed it to the value you provided and hit "exit", then "done" but i got a warning like " no new value was provided..."
Any idea?
I have a 2013 S5 cab
Thx
Mmm, did you hit "do it" in module 5 after exiting the long coding helper?
Old 09-13-2013, 05:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Chocoholic_too
Mmm, did you hit "do it" in module 5 after exiting the long coding helper?
yes, after I hit "do it" I got that strange warning " no new value provided..."
Old 09-13-2013, 05:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

When you said you hit exit, was it the word or the "x" in the top right corner? It's been awhile sinceI messed with this but I think I used the x.
Old 09-13-2013, 05:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by garlandpr
yes, after I hit "do it" I got that strange warning " no new value provided..."
Maybe I need to copy the code and paste it in lower box for the new code and hit do it?
not sure...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2013 A5 Cabriolet Questions