Resonator Delete Weld VS Clamp Kit

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2024, 08:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Resonator Delete Weld VS Clamp Kit

Hi all,

Picked up a 19' Audi S5 SB a couple of weeks ago and am interested in removing the 2 small resonators/pre-mufflers. I've heard that most people go with the VPS Resonator delete kit. While I would prefer to go that route, the kit is currently on back order and won't ship until August at the earliest.

I was thinking of going to an exhaust shop instead and having them weld some pipes of a similar shape to the kit. I was wondering if anyone has done the same or has any experience with this type of work.
The following users liked this post:
DFlinn (04-18-2024)
Old 04-18-2024, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 38 Likes on 38 Posts

The convenience of having the clamps to remove the pipes and to do it at home is nice and probably cheaper than going to an exhaust shop. Quality clamps are easy to install and won't leak and they are good enough for most European manufacturers to use them today, Audi, Porsche, and Mercedes to name a few. Welding works great also for a more permanent solution.
avoidtaxes (04-22-2024)
Old 04-22-2024, 04:05 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by avoidtaxes
Hi all,

Picked up a 19' Audi S5 SB a couple of weeks ago and am interested in removing the 2 small resonators/pre-mufflers. I've heard that most people go with the VPS Resonator delete kit. While I would prefer to go that route, the kit is currently on back order and won't ship until August at the earliest.

I was thinking of going to an exhaust shop instead and having them weld some pipes of a similar shape to the kit. I was wondering if anyone has done the same or has any experience with this type of work.

No problem with welding in pipes but you need to make sure you're going to a reputable shop. I've seen too many terrible welds and pipes that are too small or too big.
avoidtaxes (04-22-2024)
Old 04-28-2024, 12:50 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I too want the VPS kit since IE cant ship the bolt on pipes to my APO. I have found a shop in Poland that is four hours from me that makes custom pipes. Not sure if they ship to the US but I will be ordering them soon. They said its a 2-3 week lead time to make them upon order.

https://baq-garage.pl/shop/resonator...i-s4-s5-b9-f5/

Here is the pipes installed https://baq-garage.pl/audi-s5-f5-3-0...e-baq-exhaust/
Old 04-29-2024, 08:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by avoidtaxes
Hi all,

Try Ecs tuning they have them in stock most of the time.