Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

2011 A3 question

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2014, 07:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 381 Likes on 343 Posts

Originally Posted by DDKing13
No, not necessarily. I'm really just trying to make sure the car wont constantly be in the shop. I have friends who used to work for Audi and had 2009 A4's, and their cars were always breaking down. That's my only concern. Just trying not to get a lemon, is all.

Like I said in the OP, I'm coming from a VW, which is basically the same thing as Audi (GTI's are basically the same as A3's, in fact), and I had absolutely no problems with it. I did all the maintenance myself, only taking it to the dealer for the major services.
DD, we acquired our third Audi a couple weeks ago. I am very critical of problem cars. I can tell you with great certainty that I would not be building a fleet of Audis if I perceived them as being anything close to "problematic". It simply would not be happening. I don't know if we've been lucky with European cars, in general, but over the past 30 years or so, we've never had a major failure. I suppose the AC failing is the most serious thing we've encountered.

Our cars are well-cared for. We use approved fluids, etc. We don't have problems with the cars. We also have had multiple VWs and that familiarity will help you maintain your new car and have an enjoyable ownership experience.

WTS, don't get one of these cars without the CPO coverage
Old 07-25-2014, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uberwgn
DD, we acquired our third Audi a couple weeks ago. I am very critical of problem cars. I can tell you with great certainty that I would not be building a fleet of Audis if I perceived them as being anything close to "problematic". It simply would not be happening. I don't know if we've been lucky with European cars, in general, but over the past 30 years or so, we've never had a major failure. I suppose the AC failing is the most serious thing we've encountered.

Our cars are well-cared for. We use approved fluids, etc. We don't have problems with the cars. We also have had multiple VWs and that familiarity will help you maintain your new car and have an enjoyable ownership experience.

WTS, don't get one of these cars without the CPO coverage
Thanks for your help man, that helped ease my worries a lot. I kinda had the same feeling before I got my GTI. Long story short, I got the car, and I fell in love with euros.

Now I just need to make up my mind between all of my choices. lol