Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

I think I have a problem with my clutch/Acceleration?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2009, 12:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think I have a problem with my clutch/Acceleration?

Hello, This is my first post on this forum. Seemed like the best Audi forum out there. I'm 18 and my names Karl, this is my 2nd car and I've been driving 6month. I dont know much about cars but after I've made this post I'll thank you for all the help!

Ok so first off, I have an Audi A3 53 Plate 2.0L FSI (As seen below)

It's really hard to explain the problem in words to a friend of mine, it's going to be even harder to put this into text on a forum but please just try and stick with me.

When I make a travel to the shops for about 30mins of car travel I have no problems. However when I go on long distance or for longer than that period my car just doesn't seem to like it.

I can be in 3rd, 4th or 5th gear. As I accelerate up the car will just make a quick jolt forward and not allow me to accelerate at all for a couple of seconds. It doesn't do it often but it will do it like once a day and I have no clue what it can be.

A friend said to me if could be the turbo overclocking if it was a Turbo Diesel, but obviously it isn't. Really don't know what it is, but I need to make a few long journeys in my car and any help would be appreciated.

If you need more info please post and I can give it you.