Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII Discussion forum for the 2022 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3

RS3 Matrix Headlights in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2024, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Anthony coded my lights this afternoon. Pretty painless process. I haven't driven them in the dark yet, but I will probably get to test them out tonight.
The following users liked this post:
AdamSheikh (04-07-2024)
Old 04-07-2024, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by JetDriver77
Anthony coded my lights this afternoon. Pretty painless process. I haven't driven them in the dark yet, but I will probably get to test them out tonight.
how long did it take? and did he ever mention what would happen if they update the car and the code gets overwritten?
Old 04-07-2024, 02:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by skitz_marz
how long did it take? and did he ever mention what would happen if they update the car and the code gets overwritten?
I'd say it took about 30 minutes once we stopped shooting the $hit.... lol Maybe not even.

He said to just contact him and he'd redo them for free. I was able to take the car out last night. They are AWESOME. Nothing like it on the road.
The following 2 users liked this post by JetDriver77:
AdamSheikh (04-08-2024), nando7057 (04-07-2024)
Old 04-16-2024, 05:08 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Met up with Anthony at Wookies and got mine coded. I only got to play with them for 20 minutes but they are wild, well worth the money.
The following 2 users liked this post by frosty1:
AdamSheikh (04-17-2024), nando7057 (04-16-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 05:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 241 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by frosty1
Met up with Anthony at Wookies and got mine coded. I only got to play with them for 20 minutes but they are wild, well worth the money.
So glad you were able to connect with him there. I was hoping to meet up with him, but so many things to do and so little time as is usually the case at these events. The lights are wild on some twisty mountain roads, especially with cars ahead. And they really shine during night drives on the highway. They were really helpful on our 14 hour drive home.
Old 04-17-2024, 09:29 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

A bit late on the follow-up, but had Anthony upgrade/unlock my matrix functionality a couple of weeks ago, and then drove it very long distance from to NY (from MD) for the eclipse watching. On the way back, it was night time, and seems like the functionality worked amazingly, albeit slightly distracting as I was getting wowed by the actual matrix switching happening as I was driving around the amazing curvy roads of I-81 and I-83. However, as I got closer to the Baltimore I-695 Beltway (so, say, about 5 hours of driving later, 4 of which may have been night driving), I got an error message and it was no longer available for a few minutes. Then when I got back on a more secluded road closer to home, functionality automatically restored. I did not get enough time to read the error message but I am thinking it was just a warning message stating that the functionality is disabled probably because it sensed I am in a better-lit environment where I would not require the functionality perhaps.

Seriously worth the $ that I paid for it!
AdamSheikh (04-17-2024)
Old 04-17-2024, 10:41 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 241 Likes on 119 Posts

Originally Posted by kenyanguy
A bit late on the follow-up, but had Anthony upgrade/unlock my matrix functionality a couple of weeks ago, and then drove it very long distance from to NY (from MD) for the eclipse watching. On the way back, it was night time, and seems like the functionality worked amazingly, albeit slightly distracting as I was getting wowed by the actual matrix switching happening as I was driving around the amazing curvy roads of I-81 and I-83. However, as I got closer to the Baltimore I-695 Beltway (so, say, about 5 hours of driving later, 4 of which may have been night driving), I got an error message and it was no longer available for a few minutes. Then when I got back on a more secluded road closer to home, functionality automatically restored. I did not get enough time to read the error message but I am thinking it was just a warning message stating that the functionality is disabled probably because it sensed I am in a better-lit environment where I would not require the functionality perhaps.

Seriously worth the $ that I paid for it!
More often than not, that type of warning is due to a dirty windshield or area up by the camera. I've had it happen due to mist/condensation as well. When it happened to me, it also temporarily disabled lane keeping and active cruise control. But it came back within a minute or two.
Old 04-17-2024, 04:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 17 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSheikh
So glad you were able to connect with him there. I was hoping to meet up with him, but so many things to do and so little time as is usually the case at these events. The lights are wild on some twisty mountain roads, especially with cars ahead. And they really shine during night drives on the highway. They were really helpful on our 14 hour drive home.
Adam I really appreciate you letting me know that Anthony was attending WITW and providing me with his contact information.
AdamSheikh (04-17-2024)
Old 04-20-2024, 05:56 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

I live in Michigan and met up with Anthony this week to do my suspension calibration after installing the Eibach PRO-KIT springs. Can't say enough good things about his work and his knowledge on the VAG platforms! I already had my Matrix headlights activated before I knew about Anthony, otherwise I would have had him do those as well.

Last edited by SVTunit; 04-20-2024 at 06:03 AM.
AdamSheikh (04-20-2024)
Old 04-21-2024, 08:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 15 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SVTunit
I live in Michigan and met up with Anthony this week to do my suspension calibration after installing the Eibach PRO-KIT springs. Can't say enough good things about his work and his knowledge on the VAG platforms! I already had my Matrix headlights activated before I knew about Anthony, otherwise I would have had him do those as well.

What calibration did you do? Springs will be my first mod. TIA

Quick Reply: RS3 Matrix Headlights in the US?