Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII Discussion forum for the 2022 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3

RS3 Matrix Headlights in the US?

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2024, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 241 Likes on 119 Posts

Didn't want to make a new thread for this, so figured I'd revive this one. I got the matrix lights activated remotely on my car over the weekend, courtesy of ACM Technik: https://acmtechnik.com/products/audi...rix-activation

Anthony was great to work with and was very flexible so he could remote in at a time that worked for us both. He is able to do the remote coding regardless if you have a Mac or PC which was super convenient for me as I only had access to my M-series Mac.

I haven't done a ton of night driving since getting it done just yet, but the feature is super cool in action. On a dark enough road, the matrix lights are clearly visible off to the sides and farther ahead, while still isolating out other cars in front of you or in oncoming lanes. I will try to grab a decent video in the coming days. Also can't wait to experience this up in the mountains while up at Wookies in another 2 or so weeks!

All in all, can't recommend this feature enough, and wouldn't hesitate to go through ACM again - especially considering the price vs. other vendors. Believe the current pricing is 15% off what the normal cost is, but only through Sat 3/30.
The following 3 users liked this post by AdamSheikh:
frosty1 (03-25-2024), India Whiskey Charlie (03-25-2024), TRCarbone (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 07:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by AdamSheikh
Didn't want to make a new thread for this, so figured I'd revive this one. I got the matrix lights activated remotely on my car over the weekend, courtesy of ACM Technik: https://acmtechnik.com/products/audi...rix-activation

Anthony was great to work with and was very flexible so he could remote in at a time that worked for us both. He is able to do the remote coding regardless if you have a Mac or PC which was super convenient for me as I only had access to my M-series Mac.
Same with me. Anthony did my car as well and cannot recommend him enough. Like Adam, I can't wait to go out at night to view the high beam animation again. Yesterday, I drove my S3 (no Matrix) on dark roads and its headlights looked pretty basic compared to the Matrix headlights on the RS3.
The following 2 users liked this post by India Whiskey Charlie:
AdamSheikh (03-25-2024), TRCarbone (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 09:08 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 26 Likes on 11 Posts

This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Does this void any warranty with the dealership?
Old 03-25-2024, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by echuang10
This is awesome! Thanks for sharing.

Does this void any warranty with the dealership?
I'll refer to the FAQ on ACM's site, as it sums it up well:

Q. Does the Matrix/DLA Activation void the warranty?A. The simple answer: Technically anything done to your vehicle that modifies any part of the vehicle will void the warranty.

A. The long answer: Yes and no. The files being uploaded to the vehicle are still from a stock vehicle, however they are from a non NAR market vehicle. The file upload does not set off a flash counter like an ECU Flash tune does. It simply appears as a basic coding change done with something such as OBDEleven. However, it is at the dealers discretion whether they notice and want to warranty the vehicle or not based off of this change that has been done.
Realistically, the chance of this even being detected by a dealer is pretty slim unless you develop a headlight issue and they must dig into the coding, etc.
The following 2 users liked this post by AdamSheikh:
echuang10 (03-25-2024), India Whiskey Charlie (03-25-2024)
Old 03-25-2024, 11:07 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I haven't done a ton of night driving since getting it done just yet, but the feature is super cool in action. On a dark enough road, the matrix lights are clearly visible off to the sides and farther ahead, while still isolating out other cars in front of you or in oncoming lanes. I will try to grab a decent video in the coming days. Also can't wait to experience this up in the mountains while up at Wookies in another 2 or so weeks!

All in all, can't recommend this feature enough, and wouldn't hesitate to go through ACM again - especially considering the price vs. other vendors. Believe the current pricing is 15% off what the normal cost is, but only through Sat 3/30.
What do you need to have this done? Price looks really really good. VCDS and laptop?
Old 03-25-2024, 11:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 142 Likes on 98 Posts

Originally Posted by 10001110101
What do you need to have this done? Price looks really really good. VCDS and laptop?
Laptop and internet. Anthony supplies the rest.
The following users liked this post:
AdamSheikh (03-25-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

I am actually interested in this and have started conversations with them via their FB page, so that there's a contact mechanism established once I order.

However, I noticed a discrepancy. When I look at the different Matrix Light services, the price of their service shows $339.96 (as shown in the screenshot below), but when I add to cart, it shows it as $382.46. Is there a discount code that I am missing somewhere?

Old 03-26-2024, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kenyanguy
I am actually interested in this and have started conversations with them via their FB page, so that there's a contact mechanism established once I order.

However, I noticed a discrepancy. When I look at the different Matrix Light services, the price of their service shows $339.96 (as shown in the screenshot below), but when I add to cart, it shows it as $382.46. Is there a discount code that I am missing somewhere?
$339 is the discounted cost if you're having the coding done by Anthony in person. $382 is for the remote session and includes the required cable which he sends out to you.
The following users liked this post:
India Whiskey Charlie (03-26-2024)
Old 03-26-2024, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 33 Likes on 14 Posts

$339 is the discounted cost if you're having the coding done by Anthony in person. $382 is for the remote session and includes the required cable which he sends out to you.
Ah yes! I see now. Thanks for the prompt response.
Old 03-28-2024, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

Where is he located?

Quick Reply: RS3 Matrix Headlights in the US?