Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKIII Discussion forum for the 2022 and up Audi A3, S3 and RS3

2022 RS3 Orders

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2022, 08:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by thenewjs
Wife and I got to sit in the 2022 S3 recently and here are my takeaways, hoping it all translates to the RS3

1. I’m 6’4 and I have way more leg room in both the passenger and drivers seat.
2. The B pillar seems to be back a lil further than the previous gen and the 2021 S4 I sat in.
3. Sounded better than what I heard from YouTube reviews. Even my wife noticed.
4. The front dash and center console is straight of the Q3.
5. The dealer seemed to be selling at MSRP with about $1200 in BS dealer add-ones ($500 of which was a transaction fee) on all their vehicles.
6. Wife is even more excited for the RS3
I'm not sure I like the new look yet. Might just take some time to get used to it. Feels like the design is fussier than it was rather than better. i'm 99% sure the inner body structure is unchanged from the older model and b pillar is exactly where it was. Its possible they changed something with the seat for more leg room, but the shell is likely the same.
Old 01-23-2022, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Spinnetti
I'm not sure I like the new look yet. Might just take some time to get used to it. Feels like the design is fussier than it was rather than better. i'm 99% sure the inner body structure is unchanged from the older model and b pillar is exactly where it was. Its possible they changed something with the seat for more leg room, but the shell is likely the same.
I am not interested at all in the 2022 body and its 1 HP increase! With our 2019 RS 3 now at 31,027 miles of which 22,339 have been fast country back roads runs, 3-days a week weather permitting, I'd be much happier with another 75 HP, which I've experienced in another 2019 RS 3 that was 'chipped'. It produced the additional HP I'd like to have on these roads with a passenger onboard. A truly significant performance increase, ideal for my fast back road runs we make weekly. I've been driving fast automobiles for the past 64 years, (started in Malibu Canyon roads in 1958 in a Porsche) so I have quite a bit of experience doing so in fast automobile 'Back Road' runs. FWIW.

Last edited by rodpaine; 01-23-2022 at 05:01 AM. Reason: clarification
Old 01-23-2022, 05:57 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I actually "settled" on an S5 Sportback. My dealer had gotten a 2022 S3 in the show room and when I went to check out the interior I was greatly disappointed at the amount of hard plastic everywhere. Audi had such a good opportunity to really make the interior standout on the A3-RS3 line (and justify the absurd price) but I think they totally failed.

Also, at 6'2'' the S5 just fit me better, much like my C43 that was bought back last year. So far, i'm happy with my S5. The sportback is super convenient and power is "enough" though an exhaust and stage 1 tune are definitely in the future should I keep this car a while!
Old 01-23-2022, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by -Yeti-
I actually "settled" on an S5 Sportback. My dealer had gotten a 2022 S3 in the show room and when I went to check out the interior I was greatly disappointed at the amount of hard plastic everywhere. Audi had such a good opportunity to really make the interior standout on the A3-RS3 line (and justify the absurd price) but I think they totally failed.

Also, at 6'2'' the S5 just fit me better, much like my C43 that was bought back last year. So far, i'm happy with my S5. The sportback is super convenient and power is "enough" though an exhaust and stage 1 tune are definitely in the future should I keep this car a while!
Well you're an inch taller than I (6'1") and I have to admit that its a tight fit, but during our very fast country back road runs the fit is actually ideal, given fast cornering speed and not sloshing-around in the seats! As I wrote earlier, we do a lot of fast back roads runs, so I am not a typical RS 3 owner, certainly not like others I've talked to with respect to their RS 3 use. A few back road runs once in a while, but not the over 22k mile total back road runs we've made to date, out of a total of 31,027 miles, while making note of what the Audi is doing and NOT doing that we've observed and noted during such runs.

We're very pleased with its performance and Audi's service quality appears to be good... compared to our 30 years
experience with BMW, which was very dissapointing. Thankfully I had the tools, documentation and experience to
correct issues not properly delt with by the BMW dealers. My BMW activity can be seen here at my now discontinued
BMW web page <https://www.mye28.com/tech/rods_pages/> The only change I am going to make to the Audi is to chip
the engine to have an additional 75 HP, which will give me the hilly performance capability I am looking for. I'll report here
when that's accomplished and I've logged some time with the 'chipped' performance observed and noted.

Last edited by rodpaine; 01-23-2022 at 06:46 AM.
Old 05-17-2022, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealer sent me this this today

Audi just let us know that they're releasing one Rs3 to each dealer this year and all orders will be converted to model year 23. You will likely end up with a 23 unless you went with whichever one they give us. I'll let you know the details when I find out specs / ETA of the one coming in.
Old 05-18-2022, 07:54 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by medial
Audi just let us know that they're releasing one Rs3 to each dealer this year and all orders will be converted to model year 23. You will likely end up with a 23 unless you went with whichever one they give us. I'll let you know the details when I find out specs / ETA of the one coming in.
Yep, got a similar call from my sales rep. He said that they just received new order guides for 2023 cars but the RS3 was not on it. He thought they might get an update with the RS3 in the next month or two. He didn't mention if they were getting a 22 or not, but I'm second on the list so either they're not getting one or the guy who is number 1 on this list is taking it.
Old 05-29-2022, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Just posted this in the A5/S5/RS5 forum...

I just ordered a 2022 RS3, and I will say that Audi San Diego is trying to charge ridiculous 20k ADM. I told them I will be taking my business elsewhere, and ordered mine from Brian Spaner (770-243-5611) at Jim Ellis Audi of Atlanta. Super easy, not ADM, charged MSRP, and he was even willing to set up shipping. I told him I'd just fly out once its available, and use the drive back as a break in drive. Just goes to show why Jim Ellis Audi is rated #1 Audi dealer for 2021!

Last edited by curt_s3; 05-29-2022 at 06:16 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Gr33nRS (01-18-2023)
Old 05-30-2022, 05:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by curt_s3

I just ordered a 2022 RS3, and I will say that Audi San Diego is trying to charge ridiculous 20k ADM. I told them I will be taking my business elsewhere, and ordered mine from Brian Spaner (770-243-5611) at Jim Ellis Audi of Atlanta. Super easy, not ADM, charged MSRP, and he was even willing to set up shipping. I told him I'd just fly out once its available, and use the drive back as a break in drive. Just goes to show why Jim Ellis Audi is rated #1 Audi dealer for 2021!
Excellent plan indeed! I hope your trip both ways is enjoyable.
I was fortunate to have an excellent Audi dealer in Winchester VA
and had no issues at all buying our 2019 RS 3, now at 36,604
miles of which 26,320 miles have been fast country back roads
3 days a week as weather permits, as I am retired, but still very
much involved in fast country back road runs since 1958.

Enjoy the wonderful Audi RS 3!
Old 05-31-2022, 01:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by curt_s3

Did they give you a timeline or let you know how many people are ahead of you?
Old 05-31-2022, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yes! I would certainly like to know what the DELIVERY DATES will be so I can
tell people who approach me about our 2019 RS 3 and how long did it take to
get it. At the moment Audi dealers seem to have no info at all!
-Rod

Quick Reply: 2022 RS3 Orders