Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 recall

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2019, 09:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TylerDurden23
As I'm sure you guys are aware, S3's are also affected by this recall. I just bought an S3 and I can't take delivery of the car until after the recall has been completed. I was told by my sales rep today that they thought they would be getting the parts early this week, but there has been a 'small delay'. I pressed him on it, and he would only say that he would expect the repair to be completed by the end of the month. Who knows, maybe it will happen sooner, or maybe he's just guessing and throwing 'end of the month' out there to keep me from getting mad...

Hopefully I hear some good news soon, but I thought I'd post an update here.
It's weird that they would put a hold on a sale for the recall, but it's perfectly fine that thousands of us are driving around in our cars with that same open recall?
Old 08-20-2019, 02:24 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XMetal00
It's weird that they would put a hold on a sale for the recall, but it's perfectly fine that thousands of us are driving around in our cars with that same open recall?
I was actually going to ask them what the owners who already own a car are doing for this. Apparently, the answer is 'nothing.' Yes, it's very weird that if you already own the car, it's deemed safe enough to operate, but if you want to buy one, nope.
The following users liked this post:
EXELR8 (08-21-2019)
Old 08-21-2019, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I was actually going to ask them what the owners who already own a car are doing for this. Apparently, the answer is 'nothing.' Yes, it's very weird that if you already own the car, it's deemed safe enough to operate, but if you want to buy one, nope.
It would be obvious if it were actually affecting your car. Light on the dash would be on even if someone were sitting there.
Old 08-21-2019, 02:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by PaperLion
It would be obvious if it were actually affecting your car. Light on the dash would be on even if someone were sitting there.
I understand that, but my understanding is they have stopped sale of ALL cars, not just the ones where there is a light indicating the problem. If you are an existing owner, whether the light is indicating a problem or not, what were you told to do? Just drive it anyway?
Old 08-21-2019, 03:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Mine randomly turns on & off whether someone is sitting in the seat or not.....
Old 08-21-2019, 04:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I understand that, but my understanding is they have stopped sale of ALL cars, not just the ones where there is a light indicating the problem. If you are an existing owner, whether the light is indicating a problem or not, what were you told to do? Just drive it anyway?
Yes, if it were actually malfunctioning I'm sure I could get a loaner.
Old 08-22-2019, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Holy ****. Just heard this morning that the recall fix has been delayed AGAIN until OCTOBER! They don't even know when in October, just that they have been told sometime that month. Now I have to decide if I want to wait or back out of my deal. This is nuts.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:03 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Holy ****. Just heard this morning that the recall fix has been delayed AGAIN until OCTOBER! They don't even know when in October, just that they have been told sometime that month. Now I have to decide if I want to wait or back out of my deal. This is nuts.
ouch! where is this info coming from?

so glad mine wasn't affected by the recall. i was tempted to bail even on the late august news. i would certainly bail on this news.
Old 08-22-2019, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by signde
ouch! where is this info coming from?

so glad mine wasn't affected by the recall. i was tempted to bail even on the late august news. i would certainly bail on this news.
Talked to my sales rep this morning, that's who told me about it.

I get what you are saying about backing out, but what does that get me? I still want an S3, which means I have to wait for this recall either way. Backing out now means I have to find a car with the specs I want again, and since 2019 model year has stopped production, that's getting harder and harder to do. The only other thing I would consider is if I found a used 2018 that was the right spec, and low miles, etc. That's even harder to find than a new 2019 so...

I'm hoping I can negotiate a discount or some kind of compensation from the dealer if I stay in on this deal.
Old 08-22-2019, 08:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

Talked to my sales rep this morning, that's who told me about it.

I get what you are saying about backing out, but what does that get me? I still want an S3, which means I have to wait for this recall either way. Backing out now means I have to find a car with the specs I want again, and since 2019 model year has stopped production, that's getting harder and harder to do. The only other thing I would consider is if I found a used 2018 that was the right spec, and low miles, etc. That's even harder to find than a new 2019 so...

I'm hoping I can negotiate a discount or some kind of compensation from the dealer if I stay in on this deal.
i know that situation all too well. finding a low mileage used 2018 with the right spec and/or leveraging that against the dealer for a better deal was the road i was going down until my RS3 mysteriously turned up as able to be sold.

i did end up finding exactly what i wanted on cars.com or autotrader, i just would have had to travel to get it. good luck whatever you decide to do.

Quick Reply: RS3 recall