Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS3 recall

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2019, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RS3 recall

https://www.foxbusiness.com/features...eel-trim-piece

From Audi's recall site:

see details PODS
REPAIR NOT YET AVAILABLE
START DATE
Jun 19, 2019
AUDI ACTION CODE
69Z4
DESCRIPTION

Due to a mostly temporary loose contact at the connector, the passenger occupant detection system (PODS) may detect an error and switch off the passenger airbag even though the seat may be occupied. As designed, a warning light in the instrument panel comes on together with an acoustic warning sound and an error message is displayed in the instrument cluster. The airbag indicator light shows "passenger airbag off". In the event of a crash there would be an increased risk of injury to the occupant seated in the front passenger seat if the passenger airbag is switched off/not working.
NHTSA RECALL NUMBER
19V474
REMEDY

Install a more robust connector and optimized cable routing under the front passenger seat.
The following users liked this post:
markginny (06-27-2019)
Old 06-28-2019, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Thanks for the share. My dealer just alerted me of this issue today. A bit frustrating when eta keeps being pushed almost to the point I could wait for 2020 RS3.
Old 08-04-2019, 03:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Any more update on this recall? I have not heard anything in a while...
Old 08-04-2019, 05:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

No update yet, but there are still some RS 3s that are available for sale.
Old 08-04-2019, 05:42 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

No updates on when the fix will start. I was sick of waiting and long story short, I jumped on the next available RS3 that made it into inventory at the dealer I was working with (the person they transferred it for kept haggling after the car was enroute & the sales manager got tired of him and called me). Didn’t get Nardo, but I’m extremely happy with Ara Blue Crystal. The VIN is clear from said recall. Guess I’ll need to change my name. If your order is affected by the recall I suggest negotiating free Audicare at the least. Best of luck!

Last edited by NardosauRS3; 08-04-2019 at 05:45 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by NardosauRS3:
EXELR8 (08-07-2019), tigerhonaker (08-05-2019)
Old 08-04-2019, 11:34 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice ride.
Congrats!
The following users liked this post:
NardosauRS3 (08-05-2019)
Old 08-05-2019, 07:49 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by zzcett
Nice ride.
Congrats!
Thanks Scott! 🙏🏽
Old 08-05-2019, 08:17 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi -

I saw this online today: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ed-070219.html
Which indicates the recall is expected to begin August 18 - no idea if this is accurate since I've seen nothing from Audi on this date.

Side note, my 2015 A3 experienced this PODS failure last November. At that time, there were open recalls for this same issue on other 2015 (and other years) models, but not for my A3 model/VIN. Despite the fact that it was described as the identical problem, the dealer gave me no love and quoted me $1300 for my repair (and at the time I was like only 2 months out of warranty).

I called AoA, who offered me a goodwill 50% discount on the repair. So now I have to chase them back up to try and get reimbursed for this since it is now officially recalled. Has anyone had experiences with AoA on something like this?

When I spoke to AoA last week on this, they said I would need to get mine repaired again once the recall is finalized, as undoubtedly they replaced my PODS parts with the identical part numbers that are now being recalled... frustrating...

Thanks
Old 08-05-2019, 06:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by NardosauRS3
No updates on when the fix will start. I was sick of waiting and long story short, I jumped on the next available RS3 that made it into inventory at the dealer I was working with (the person they transferred it for kept haggling after the car was enroute & the sales manager got tired of him and called me). Didn’t get Nardo, but I’m extremely happy with Ara Blue Crystal. The VIN is clear from said recall. Guess I’ll need to change my name.
Heh, may I suggest some kind of riff on the beloved "blucifer" which guards the Denver airport?
Old 08-19-2019, 03:21 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jhurwitz99
Hi -

I saw this online today: https://www.consumeraffairs.com/news...ed-070219.html
Which indicates the recall is expected to begin August 18 - no idea if this is accurate since I've seen nothing from Audi on this date.

Side note, my 2015 A3 experienced this PODS failure last November. At that time, there were open recalls for this same issue on other 2015 (and other years) models, but not for my A3 model/VIN. Despite the fact that it was described as the identical problem, the dealer gave me no love and quoted me $1300 for my repair (and at the time I was like only 2 months out of warranty).

I called AoA, who offered me a goodwill 50% discount on the repair. So now I have to chase them back up to try and get reimbursed for this since it is now officially recalled. Has anyone had experiences with AoA on something like this?

When I spoke to AoA last week on this, they said I would need to get mine repaired again once the recall is finalized, as undoubtedly they replaced my PODS parts with the identical part numbers that are now being recalled... frustrating...

Thanks
As I'm sure you guys are aware, S3's are also affected by this recall. I just bought an S3 and I can't take delivery of the car until after the recall has been completed. I was told by my sales rep today that they thought they would be getting the parts early this week, but there has been a 'small delay'. I pressed him on it, and he would only say that he would expect the repair to be completed by the end of the month. Who knows, maybe it will happen sooner, or maybe he's just guessing and throwing 'end of the month' out there to keep me from getting mad...

Hopefully I hear some good news soon, but I thought I'd post an update here.

Quick Reply: RS3 recall