Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

RS sports fixed suspension and RS sports exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2018, 12:44 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SteveO987
Not really sure where some of this information is coming from but it's time to set some things straight:

I ordered my RS3 with the fixed suspension and the sports exhaust. It is my daily driver. The ceramic brakes haven't squeaked at all on my daily commute. The only time I hear any kind of noise from them is first thing on a cold morning when backing out of the driveway. Maybe a split second of a low pitched squeal and then it's gone.

The fixed suspension is a pleasure to drive. I know the roads in some other parts of the country are not all the good to drive on. We have our fair share of potholes in the PNW but for every day driving, the fixed suspension is perfect for me.

To people who think the sports exhaust is too loud or not loud enough, that's personal preference. Everyone who test drove a car might not have spent enough time in the car. Drop the shifter into Sport mode and the car will pop and bang on downshifts. This is on a completely stock car. Don't like the noise? Put the shifter back in Drive. Honestly, it's a great compromise for those that don't want to let on what's going on with the car. It can be stealthy if you want it to be or snarling and aggressive sounding. I've seen the "Jekyll and Hyde" comment come up in a few reviews and it's spot on.

I've seen mention of of the rear brakes being worn down more quickly than the fronts. This is the way the brakes are setup to work. The rears clamp a little earlier and harder than the fronts to "settle" the car instead of getting the nose dive. I've been looking to see if there's some coding to change this. Haven't found anything yet.

I can not wait for a track day to see what the car can really do in a more "predictable" environment.

Will I end up upgrading parts of the car in the future? Absolutely! I bought this car for what it can be. I just opted to start off on a platform that would not have to be upgraded immediately with brakes, suspension and exhaust like I've done with almost every car in the past.

This is the first car that I've purchased that is almost "perfect" from the start. The only thing I would change is the front seats. Just not low enough for my tastes. Again, personal preference.

Enjoy the cars!
Amen too all of this. I've got a fully loaded rs3 and there's nothing about it I regret at all. CCB's should last the life of the car - as long as they aren't abused (two other cars had them). A squeak when they might be damp and i'm in heavy stop go traffic once, but other than that- quiet.

Once I get comfy - I'll change some things - but IMO - until you drive it 5k miles, you havent even gotten started on the car yet.
Old 03-07-2018, 10:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is there any difference in ride height between the standard adjustable suspension and the RS fixed sport suspension? Also, at what setting is the fixed suspension set at relative to the adjustable? Is it comparable the dynamic setting?
Old 03-07-2018, 11:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Vijay
Is there any difference in ride height between the standard adjustable suspension and the RS fixed sport suspension? Also, at what setting is the fixed suspension set at relative to the adjustable? Is it comparable the dynamic setting?
I've not ridden in a car that has the mag suspension so I can't really compare them.