Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 MKII Discussion forum for the 2015 to 2022 Audi A3, S3 and RS3 - including the upcoming E-tron and TDI models

Impatiently awaiting a new S3.

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2015, 09:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Impatiently awaiting a new S3.

Hello, I've got a new car on order that I'm looking forward to a lot. I've had my current car since 1998 (Blk/tan Saab 900 SE 3Dr hatch). Getting a new vehicle is a rarity for me and a real treat. It'll take a few months before its put together, and shipped, and finally arrives in California after sailing thru the Panama Canal. Thought I'd join to help pass the time, learn about my soon to be new car, and just relish it
Old 03-20-2015, 12:53 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I ordered mine in June. It was in the first batch my dealer ordered as soon as they received the ordering data. I did not get it until the end of October. I ordered Sepang which apparently takes longer because they don't run that color as frequently as say black. They also shut the plant in Germany in August for "holiday". I also think they ran the "Dakota" special limited editions before my order. Audi is a great car, and my dealer is great also, but they do a terible job letting you know when the car will be delevered. I was originally told August and did not get mine until the very end of October. My big issue is that I sold my 2011 A4 in June (it took 1 day at top end price) and I had to find temporary wheels until the S3 came in.
I do LOVE this car. It moves, and is very personal. The A4 was too big.
Old 03-20-2015, 03:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

I owned a 1998 Saab SE, 1999 Saab 9-3 SE (with a CD player!) and a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero. You are in for a real treat.
Old 03-20-2015, 07:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Syrome
I owned a 1998 Saab SE, 1999 Saab 9-3 SE (with a CD player!) and a 2007 Saab 9-3 Aero. You are in for a real treat.
Mine has a 6 disc CD changer in the back

I really have appreciated and gotten great use out of my 98 Saab. It's been my favorite car so far. I'm giving it to my niece and hope that it continues to serve her for a while as well as it has served me.

I have very high expectations for the S3. It's going to be such a fun ride!
Old 03-21-2015, 12:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

I too put my name on one today. Found that there may be a few on the water now that are not yet allocated.
My wife needs a AWD daily driver and is tired of Subaru's. They've been great cars but after 14 yrs of having them she wants something that looks like a sports sedan.
While she'll never run it hard I can't wait.

I was pretty impressed when I did a test drive. Super impressed with the interior.
It seems like it'll be a very fun car for sure.
Old 03-21-2015, 02:37 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by michael-s3
Mine has a 6 disc CD changer in the back

I really have appreciated and gotten great use out of my 98 Saab. It's been my favorite car so far. I'm giving it to my niece and hope that it continues to serve her for a while as well as it has served me.

I have very high expectations for the S3. It's going to be such a fun ride!
My 98 was a hand me down too. Loved it so much I bought a used 99 a few years later. Loved that so much I got the 2007. Now that Saab is mostly defunct, I needed to scratch the German itch I've had since I can remember. Now let's hope Audi doesn't go anywhere, because they may have a customer for life!
Old 03-21-2015, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Three months for a northeast USA delivery seems to be the norm. Ordered mine November 29 and the dealer delivered it to me February 27.
Old 03-21-2015, 08:56 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Kevin70
I too put my name on one today. Found that there may be a few on the water now that are not yet allocated.
Audi Central Houston has 21 S3s in stock and available.
Old 03-21-2015, 11:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Syrome
My 98 was a hand me down too. Loved it so much I bought a used 99 a few years later. Loved that so much I got the 2007. Now that Saab is mostly defunct, I needed to scratch the German itch I've had since I can remember. Now let's hope Audi doesn't go anywhere, because they may have a customer for life!
I was really wanting another hatchback like my 900, but there isn't an "executive" hatchback for sale in the us, and no, the compact suvs aren't the same thing as a car with a hatch on it. The S3 sedan with a fastback (ala hatch), would really be my ideal. A non-truncated hatchback with a slope.
Old 03-22-2015, 03:18 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Bob W.
Audi Central Houston has 21 S3s in stock and available.
Thanks. I have found a bunch in stock at dealerships in my area and did a few test drives but none were optioned the way I wanted.
The wife just wants a good capable AWD car and going into it I figured we'd buy the one we drove.
It was white with the red black interior. It looked very nice. After looking at others we settled on silver.
But finding one with 19-inch wheels, magnetic ride dampening and the prestige package turned out to be a bit tough.
They did locate one in Chacago but the delivery cost went up too much.

So.... We'll wait a bit. West central PA is still a bit sloppy from winter so no big rush. Her 200,000 mile Subaru is right at home in that stuff.

I was impressed with it. Lots of pep and should be a very fun car.

Quick Reply: Impatiently awaiting a new S3.