Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Simple but perfect mod...factory look trash can

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2010, 11:15 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Simple but perfect mod...factory look trash can

After looking around a lot for a aftermarket trash can, I came upon the idea of making my own setup that fit easily in the car in a logical place and had as close to a factory look as I could come up with. No car maker seems to care about providing a place to put your trash.

Parts are a black Bell plastic trash can meant to hang on somewhere. It is available at Amazon, Kmart, some auto stores, and many other places for about $5.

Dump the strap and cut off the little nubs on the back that they attach to. Then I cut and bent two metal straps I had around the dimensions show below. (2.25", then 105 degree bend, then 2.75 inches, then a 90 degree bend, then 3" or so to stick under the seat.) After drilling two holes in the bottom for the carriage bolts, you put it together as shown.

Now it just slips right under the rear seat at the correct height to sit on the floor and be totally stable. Just pull out to remove and dump! DONE.
Attached Images    
Old 08-11-2010, 08:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lair12
No car maker seems to care about providing a place to put your trash.
Because that's what toyota corollas are for... rolling trash cans.
Trash doesn't belong in... or driving.... an audi.
Old 08-16-2010, 04:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I'm sorry. I have been known to rack up a few wacky mods in my time, but that's for the birds. the small amount of trash created either goes in the door compartment, or the pass side floor. then, OUT, at my next stop....wherever.
Old 08-17-2010, 04:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You guys are WAY to ****. It's a CAR...cars carry people...people go places and bring in trash...not everybody licks their car clean everyday.Door compartments are used for storage, and try to put a 20oz soda bottle with a lost cap in there.
Old 08-19-2010, 02:14 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by lair12
You guys are WAY to ****. It's a CAR...cars carry people...people go places and bring in trash...not everybody licks their car clean everyday.Door compartments are used for storage, and try to put a 20oz soda bottle with a lost cap in there.
It's not ****, there's just a time and a place. I don't eat in bed, either.
At the most i have a starbucks in my cupholder and it leave the car at my next stop.
And like daddio says, if i really do need to woof down some fast food while driving, the bag ends up on the passenger side floor and it's out of their as soon as humanly possible.
Ask the germans how many of them eat in their cars.

If it solves a problem for you, that's cool. I just hate the thought of having a trash can in a nice car.