Audi A3 / S3 / RS 3 Discussion forum for the 8L and 8P Audi A3 S3 and RS3
Sponsored by: Audi Online Parts

Any News on the 2013 A3? Good Pics?

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Any News on the 2013 A3? Good Pics?

After having my mini for a year now I have decided that i dont like it. Its not what mini is about. Sadly i had a 2006 MCS and had to get rid of it because of the economy. that was an awesome little car and a true go cart. I wanted another mini so bad that when i test drove my current one i kept saying to my self its better its better but Since they refreshed with the r56's they are too refined, they dont connect you with the road like the r53's did. Not to mention i cannot stand seeing them everywhere. The brand has led its self to be a me2 car rather then the enthusiast car brand it used to be.

I am currently looking at dumping the lease on lease trader and getting into something else. Ive narrowed it down to the following:

Subaru WRX
BMW m135
BMW 335xi coupe
and audi 2012 or 2013 A3???

Ive been trying to follow the new 2013's. Cannot find a true picture or decent artist rendering. I drove an a3 while my q was in the shop and felt that if it had a manual gear box i would have had an instant love affair with it.

If someone can link me to a decent article with good pics i would greatly appreciate it. when i go to google i cant really find anything and its getting close enough that there should be some good pics out.

Lose the mini, and drive around my A6 while i wait for the a3 to release. I want/ need something that connects me with the road like my 06 mini did. The M135 is a fierce little machine but i dont think i want to spend that much and im not sure im 100% sold on the looks, still up in the air on that. The 335xi is a fantastic car too and im having a real hard time between that and the subaru.

If only my dealers could get in a A3 manual gear box
Old 10-12-2011, 01:21 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm looking at the new A3 Sedan when it arrives, but probably going to hold out for the S3 Variant - hopefully they'll send one to the US.

Here's the first news/car show demo:
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_6640.shtml

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_6662.shtml

http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publi...cle_6670.shtml

I just happened to be looking up news on it a few minutes ago and saw today's news:
http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/news/au..._revealed.html
Old 10-12-2011, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

that looks fantastic!

anyone know if we'll get the 2door variant. This will hopefully be a Mini Killer. Im thinking your right, best to wait for a S3 version
Old 10-12-2011, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
that looks fantastic!

anyone know if we'll get the 2door variant. This will hopefully be a Mini Killer. Im thinking your right, best to wait for a S3 version
Someone in the know says we'll definitely get the Sedan and more than likely a Cabrio based on it.

However, there's conflicting reports on the Sportback and 3 door variants. Which is kinda not surprising since the A4 Avant is going bye bye next MY ('13). Seems Audi is bent on keeping up with the SUV demand and will more than likely being the Q3 here eventually (IMO).
Old 10-12-2011, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Word on the street is that north america will only get the sedan version. No word on whether we would get the S3 but from their track record I wouldn't get your hopes up.
Old 10-12-2011, 05:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jericks
Word on the street is that north america will only get the sedan version. No word on whether we would get the S3 but from their track record I wouldn't get your hopes up.
What! we dont even get the hatchback 5door compared to the current a3 lineup

I could understand not getting the 3 door version because of the way audi feels about us. Although with sales of Mini's/Fiats on the rise im surprised that audi wouldnt want to take a bite out of there sales. Sadly I really really want to leave the mini family.
Old 10-13-2011, 03:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 3PedalMINI
What! we dont even get the hatchback 5door compared to the current a3 lineup

I could understand not getting the 3 door version because of the way audi feels about us. Although with sales of Mini's/Fiats on the rise im surprised that audi wouldnt want to take a bite out of there sales. Sadly I really really want to leave the mini family.
Wait it out a bit. Audi has been known to change course from time to time. A3 sedan will be popular here, no doubt. Audi is thinking of bringing over the Q3 instead of the A3 sportback, but a move like this might alienate a lot of current A3 owners. wagons are on a comeback. the 4 door coupe fad is already fading.
Old 10-14-2011, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Sundowner
Wait it out a bit. Audi has been known to change course from time to time. A3 sedan will be popular here, no doubt. Audi is thinking of bringing over the Q3 instead of the A3 sportback, but a move like this might alienate a lot of current A3 owners. wagons are on a comeback. the 4 door coupe fad is already fading.
I would disagree solely on the fact that Audi is saying that MY12 will be the last year for the Avant. Granted, they are bringing the A4 Allroad here and it technically is an Avant, but it's a different beast all together.

Additionally, the Q series is arguably the most popular in the lineup. I'm pretty sure they'll bring the Q3 here for the city dwellers who crave a Mini SUV.
Old 10-22-2011, 10:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Anyone want to take a guess on when Audi will announce the US spec A3?

Is there any info or spy photos of the next generation S3?
Old 10-22-2011, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Member

What did you mean by this comment, I could understand not getting the 3 door version because of the way audi feels about us." Do you think the Audi division is not committed to the North American market? If so, please elaborate. IMO, Audi like other importers would like to sell as many units and as many models here as it can profitably. Am I wrong?

QUOTE=3PedalMINI;24210185]What! we dont even get the hatchback 5door compared to the current a3 lineup

I could understand not getting the 3 door version because of the way audi feels about us. Although with sales of Mini's/Fiats on the rise im surprised that audi wouldnt want to take a bite out of there sales. Sadly I really really want to leave the mini family.[/QUOTE]

Quick Reply: Any News on the 2013 A3? Good Pics?