My Cabriolets - passion to own

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2014, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default My Cabriolets - passion to own

Hi everybody,
I am a very proud owner of not one, but two 97 Cabriolets.
I am european who lives in the US now and for me the Audis are always been popular car. Here in the US I couldnt see many Made in Germany cars.
So I started looking for a cabriolet a dream car to own for long time. One day I found the car I was looking for. Long story short - fly one way to Orlando and took back to Chicago White cabriolet with red interior 123K miles. No problems with the car.
I cant explain you how happy I am to see the design and the old school engineering on it.

3 months ago they stole my cabrio and a month after that I bought another white cabrio with white interior this time. The very next day the police found my stolen cabrio 10 miles away from home, laying on the ground with no wheels and rims also radio. So now I end up with two haha

Right now I am in South Carolina and enjoy the summer with Albena and Kremena (theit names) Call me crazy, but they have names and all of my friends know them.
I bought CD player for the Delta CC and wind deflector from LA craigslist, and obviously the same original 10 spoke wheels
How happy am I when a dreams come true

I will apload couple pictures of the cars. How many owners of Cabriolets are here?

Old 08-02-2014, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Default Very Nice Cabriolets...

I too am fond of the classic Audi Cabriolet styling and your cars are nice examples.

I have a 1998 Audi Cabriolet silver on gray with about 92K miles.

If you are in north Georgia..lets visit.

Old 08-02-2014, 12:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

One of my cars is 129K miles, the other one is only 72K miles...
Sometimes I drive to Georgia
I had an issue. When they stole my car, try to "cut" the aftermarket radio out of its place.
And the result is:
Thanks got i found parts to restore

Old 09-05-2014, 06:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Guy does anyone know how to change the cabin filter on the Cabriolet?
I bought Mann OEM filter and try to put in between the windshield and the hood from the passanger side, but it just doesnt fit...
here is picture..
any Ideas?

Old 09-05-2014, 10:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default You need the frame for the cabin filter part #8A0819441A about $30

USA cabriolets did not have the cabin filter as standard equipment..which is regrettable. The lack of a cabin filter and debris/H2O in the air box is the cause of leaking evaporators and the factory insulation foam degrading and coming off the ventilation flaps... the A/C output will be poor and heat marginal..a big job to fix. I just did mine.

Online cabin filter frame from Jim Ellis..your Audi dealer may offer the same deal.

8A0819441A. Audi. Frame for vehicles with dust and filter element pollen filter. AIR FILTER.

The airbox with no insulation and the holes exposed..no blending for HVAC.

Remove the dash and remove the entire airbox..replace the evaporator, (on sale from VW $79) heater core ($49 from Nissens) and the re-circulation vacuum valve ($200! from VW) and a NAPA receiver dryer ($29)

Old 09-05-2014, 11:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

wow....I've heard about that from friend from Europe and the big job and time that this can take ...
For now I have lets say good enough heating and AC....
I just hate when I turn it on high speed and whole bunch of leaves slap my face

So I can just buy the frame and put it in...? right?

IS the one on the link for ~$14 the same like this one here?
AUDI 80 CABRIOLET AIRCON POLLEN FILTER HOUSING WITH SENSOR | eBay

thank you
Old 09-05-2014, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You can buy the frame only..you most likely don't need the sensor..the sensor was used on all cabriolets to dis-engage the A/C compressor when ambient outside temps were too low..The USA cabriolets had those too.

Just the frame is needed.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this frame applicable to the B4 sedan as well?
Old 09-09-2014, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The cabin filter frame part number for A4 (1998) is 8D0819441E

And it looks like you may need some other frame attachment bits and pieces too. Cost of the frame is $47 from Jimmy Ellis.

Air conditioner with electronic regulation. Fits: 1998 Audi A4 5-MT 2.8L | Jim Ellis Audi Parts

The cabin filter on the cabriolet fits in the frame with a built-in tab holding the element..probably works the same same on the A4 with the $2.24 clip part number 8D0819449

Last edited by Rusty Spokes; 09-09-2014 at 06:10 PM.
Old 09-12-2014, 08:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Meanwhile I put the Cabriolet's name in the front...plate front Deutchland
Also bought a new window regulator with the window. Soon I will need to change it, because 2-3 months ago the bolts that hold the motor broke down and since then, even after putting new bolts, the metal wire is cutting itself little by little and at some point will brake down...

Quick Reply: My Cabriolets - passion to own