My 1994 90 cs. Stance state of mind

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 01:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ya you have the B4 audi 90 (audi 80 in europe) from 1993 to 1995. You also need to be aware of quattro coilovers and fwd coilovers. they will be different. The t89 wont work for you. The only coils that I have found are kw varient 3, it runs you about 1500 which to me is not worth it considering the age of the car. Ask around on how to make your own. thats what I might do
Old 03-12-2013, 01:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

damn, i wasn't if the t89 was a b3 or a b4. thanks. i know im asking a lot of questions, so thanks for all the help.

do you know if theres maybe any old VWs i can find coilovers for that could potentially fit my audi?
Old 03-12-2013, 07:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Front B4 suspension is identical to the front B3 suspension. Rear B4 suspension is identical to rear B5 suspension. No VWs have the same suspension, to my knowledge.
Old 03-12-2013, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Andy is correct, no VW has compatible suspension, B3, B4, B5 passats are different, and Jettas are a totally different animal. You can build your own for a reasonable price, you can get custom springs cut for $75 each, and the shocks we've already talked about or you can just get a spring kit and shome shocks and call it a day
Old 03-12-2013, 10:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

It doesn't matter what you do for a suspension set up. Just remember, stance will make her dance.
Old 03-13-2013, 02:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i did a bit of research on making coilover, but i dont have the tools necessary, nor am i very good at welding... at all.

right now i think i'll be sticking with the 250$ springs. they'll only drop me about 2 inches, which im almost certain wont be enough low for me.

everyone i've ever talked to about the matter says cutting the springs will make any vehicle ride like complete garbage, so i'm a little hesitant on cutting them... especially after i spend 250$ on them.

i'll see how it sits after i install the springs in a couple weeks then go from there. i really would like coils, but i dont know if i trust myself making my own, nor do i have 1,300 to spend on them.

what do you guys think. Paint or wheels after the springs?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Leadfoot Luke
i did a bit of research on making coilover, but i dont have the tools necessary, nor am i very good at welding... at all.

right now i think i'll be sticking with the 250$ springs. they'll only drop me about 2 inches, which im almost certain wont be enough low for me.

everyone i've ever talked to about the matter says cutting the springs will make any vehicle ride like complete garbage, so i'm a little hesitant on cutting them... especially after i spend 250$ on them.

i'll see how it sits after i install the springs in a couple weeks then go from there. i really would like coils, but i dont know if i trust myself making my own, nor do i have 1,300 to spend on them.

what do you guys think. Paint or wheels after the springs?
Where do you live?? Audi quattro or non? DO NOT cut your springs, you will just be more pissed at your self. Find a welder and practice or ask around or just go with the lowering springs.
As for myself...I figured i will attempt the coils over the summer because I am friends with a welder and he will help me out, only a few hundred more for coils instead of lowering springs.

If you want to paint rims cheap go to dipyourcar.com super easy and cheap. Just do the calipers too. they look relatively nice if you spend the few dollars for good caliper paint at hardware stores. Depending on your age and how much you work, tax returns could help with the coils in price...
Old 03-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by clthornton90
Where do you live?? Audi quattro or non? DO NOT cut your springs, you will just be more pissed at your self. Find a welder and practice or ask around or just go with the lowering springs.
As for myself...I figured i will attempt the coils over the summer because I am friends with a welder and he will help me out, only a few hundred more for coils instead of lowering springs.

If you want to paint rims cheap go to dipyourcar.com super easy and cheap. Just do the calipers too. they look relatively nice if you spend the few dollars for good caliper paint at hardware stores. Depending on your age and how much you work, tax returns could help with the coils in price...
I live in Florida, and its a not a quattro. im not looking to paint the wheels. I meant to ask for everyone's opinion on whether i should paint the car or get new wheels after i install the lowering springs.

but the rattling from my passenger side catalytic-converter is getting so bad that i'm probably going to replace that before i get the springs, which will set me back another week before i can lower it.
I'm only 19 so my tax returns aren't going to do anything except pay my insurance for this month.

How much is it going to run you to fabricate your coils?
Old 03-14-2013, 04:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

I havent added everything up yet but around 500 or less. If it is 500 or less I will actually do it. Anything more and i am unsure because I am going to do coils then rims and tires
Old 03-14-2013, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Although I shouldnt, I wont be upgrading my shocks/struts to support the coils, Ill be using stock for now unless I pull them off and they are really bad but they ride fine for me, i might just get a lower coil lb...idk i'm gonna talk to a few guys about it

Quick Reply: My 1994 90 cs. Stance state of mind