Help Identifying Brake master/hydro booster and some Q's

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2023, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by desertsage
The B8 tandem booster that I'd originally purchased came with the hard plastic vacuum tube with the check valve barbed fitting. That fitting plugged directly into my B4 booster, so I would imagine that they are a universal size. As long as you have a check valve in the vacuum line you could use any right angle barb fitting that would snugly fit.
Nice. At least i should be able to use part of that booster purchase.

I was just thinking about it. What did you do for the brake light switch?
Im realizing its attached to the booster.

Also since i know you replaced yours recently. Do you know which temp sensor sends signal to the temp gauge in the dash. Im going to have to re-replace mine but i replace all of them at once so i dont know which one actually made the gauge start working again.
Old 09-27-2023, 08:04 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Brake light switch? Do you mean the one on the old Hydraulic Booster? I've been wondering what to do about that, myself. I'm trying to find the old sensor that I'd removed from there to determine if that switch is normally open or closed. For now those two connectors are just dangling loose awaiting attention.

Isn't there a brake light switch at the pedal? Sorry, that seems like something I should remember. I'd better go check. I hope that I still have brake lights!

Oh, and which temperature sensor are you speaking of? Coolant, oil or outside air temp?
Old 09-27-2023, 09:42 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Brake light switch? Do you mean the one on the old Hydraulic Booster? I've been wondering what to do about that, myself. I'm trying to find the old sensor that I'd removed from there to determine if that switch is normally open or closed. For now those two connectors are just dangling loose awaiting attention.

Isn't there a brake light switch at the pedal? Sorry, that seems like something I should remember. I'd better go check. I hope that I still have brake lights!

Oh, and which temperature sensor are you speaking of? Coolant, oil or outside air temp?
Yah. You're right. there is a brake light switch under the pedal.
The one on the hydrobooster is a "pressure drop warning switch". I think at least.
The haynes calls it a pressure switch on the diagram. But under -hydraulic servo removal and fitting, they say to"disconnect the wiring from the pressure drop warning switch and unscrew the switch from the servo unit."
If you have no warning light then it probably is fine. Either the circuit is closed or open with pressure. So if your connectors are not connected and you arent getting a warning then id assume the circuit is open when there is proper pressure. seems like they would've made it so it gave a warning if a wire fell off or something.

my booster gets here oct 2 lol. Just a month for shipping.
Old 09-27-2023, 11:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Right, I thought that it was pressure switch, but then was worried when I'd read your post . And no, there isn't a brake light on so I think I'm good.

OMG, a month to wait for your booster?! That is terrible.

Very nice that you have a Haynes manual for you CQ. I "only" have the Bentley, but my copy of the Haynes for my (2) B5s has come in very handy. It's nice to have actual photos as opposed to the basic and sometimes difficult-to-understand illustrations in the Bentley. I have a Haynes on my wait list at ThriftBooks, but they don't seem to come along very often.
Old 09-27-2023, 07:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

brake light switch is on the pedal.
on the reservoir, it's the level switch

The multifunction temperature switch (MFTS) that sends the temp signal to the gauge cluster (very early 4 legs, later 3 legs) 034919369C
The following users liked this post:
desertsage (09-28-2023)
Old 09-28-2023, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by varia

The multifunction temperature switch (MFTS) that sends the temp signal to the gauge cluster (very early 4 legs, later 3 legs) 034919369C
Oh right. That switch! I did just replace that one. I think that Coupe.Quatt did too, right?

Thanks varia!
Old 09-29-2023, 12:46 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by varia

Thanks. Thats what i figured. Mine lasted all of 2 days.
Luckily its a pain in the *** to get to lol.

OMG, a month to wait for your booster?! That is terrible.
Got here early but this is how it arrived

In a fuggin bag tho? From europe? Why bro?

So these parts were just bouncing around inside the booster. Had to fish them out through the spring.

Im assuming it is the pushrod for the master.
Should i just set them in place and bolt the master on and hope its held in place?

Not sure if it is supposed to be locked into place or something. Would hate to have it fall of inside there while driving.

Last edited by Coupe.Quatt; 09-29-2023 at 12:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2023, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Ugh, that is terrible! Can you return it? You can reject it because it is damaged and poorly packaged.

Did you purchase it through eBay? You can be refunded for a damaged or a faulty item that way. I know that is a pain but might be with it.

It might be ok and work properly, but it does not inspire confidence. A plastic bag? Are you kidding me?

I would reject this if I were you.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:18 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Ugh, that is terrible! .
yah i can get a refund and im sure they dont want to pay return shipping. Im just wondering if its ok to use. And then was there any dame from a month of parts bouncing around inside.

I just waited a month so i really dont want to wait another.
Old 09-29-2023, 04:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I understand. It would be such a pain to have to do this twice, though. Oh well, onward!

Quick Reply: Help Identifying Brake master/hydro booster and some Q's