1995 Audi90 sport keys??

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2012, 10:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rn4thbrdr14
so let me get this right, i have a 95 audi 90 quattro and i can buy a blank folding key that has the same infrared signal blah blah blah as they key i need according to dealer and get it cut and use it on my car? am i getting this right?
That's what I did. But please note, as someone already mentioned, you can't buy a new folding key and program it. The new ones are just fobs without the electronic stuff inside. You need to have your dealer to check by your car's VIN what exact remote is compatible with your car. There are a bunch of numbers inside of a remote fob when you open separate the part with buttons from the part with a folding key on it. For example it says on mine: TEMIC-MANILA 315MHz 8Z0 837 231 B. So you need to check it with your dealer first. Then buy a correct one that has right numbers on it. You can buy a used one on ebay, and only the part with buttons on it, as you do not need the key which is cut for another car. Than buy another part which will be new with the uncut key. You get it cut for your car, program the correct remote, snap the together. And smile while enjoying it! Programing is easy, it only takes a minute, you can find instructions on how to program your remote on the internet, just do your research. Good luck. Don't hesitate to ask if you have any more questions.
Old 02-11-2012, 01:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by edgy225quattro
You will only hear the alarm honk when you lock the car if the trunk button is locked. Otherwise it will still arm, just without a honk.
I do not have my truck manually locked and I have no issues. This is not necessary.
If the hood,trunk or doors are open when you try to arm the car the horn won't hoot, it will trip the alarm or should.

The locked trunk is only for if you leave your vehicle say at the airport so the car can be moved but the trunk not opened, that would be the valet key.
Old 01-25-2013, 07:55 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

i know im opening an old thread but i ordered a key from my dealer, (they actually still had one on the shelf for my car!!!!!) im stoked! should be here around tuesday, will let u guys know how it goes.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

all this talk of IR remotes got me curries if its possible to find a universal IR fob that could be used in our setup? ive seen a build yourself IR control in one of our local electronic shops, but without knowing what frequency our car needs or what the control puts out didnt want to spend the time on it. so if someone knows what frequency we need and of a unit we could use, that would be grate
Old 01-30-2013, 05:36 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I must have gotten lucky, but my IR remote works great! Works from over 6ft away, battery has never died. Never had any problems with with either of the two remotes I have. Ive always wondered why people hate on them so much..
Old 02-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

UNFORTUNANTLY!!!!!!!! i didnt dig into audi world enough before i tried purchasing a key from the dealer. i didnt know theres an oval shape located on the b piller of the car if you have infrared system. soooo the key i purchased is the flash light key.. =/ bummer.