problem reading ecu codes + bucking problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 03:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default problem reading ecu codes + bucking problem

my car has been acting a little weird over the past few days. Usually my extra boost gauge would peg 16psi then drop to about 15. My gauge might be a bit off, but i'm just using it for comparison here. Right now I am getting a hesitation that at best is just barely felt but sometimes almost a bucking (only when neasr full throttle). My pressure gauge is currently climbing to about 13 and stopping. So i'm figuring the ecu isnt using the frequency valve to up the boost any higher than my wastagate spring is set at.

My first guess which i havnt really had time to mess with yet woudl be the throttle pos switch for idle/beyond 3/4 throttle. I soldered it a couple months ago when it lost its idle, I also soldered the 3/4+ position. Does anyone know if a weak connection there might cause the problem i'm describing?

I tried to read the codes a couple different times and I get a 0000 i think. in otherwords long blink, then nothing for a long while 20s or so, then long blink.

I tried the output test and everything made noise and read out the proper CE codes when in operation. Any suggestions??

thanks,
Paul
Old 01-18-2005, 04:40 PM

Default If you have a spare knock sensor, try that...

Had a similer problem to yours except my car threw back the knock sensor code. I would also try replacing that swicth, re-soldering seems to be more of a band-aid for a while, but replacing eventually will have to be done. Doen't hurt to check ther fuel filter too.
Good luck
Old 01-19-2005, 04:06 AM

Default Check your "MM' hose for tightness or leaks...

They can grow soft from oily air and boost air can leak out causing a temporary rich condition during boost. The oil pools at the bottom of the hose and may not be seen that obviously. Also, if you are boosting too much, you may be hitting the fuel pump cut-out, but I don't think thats your condition. If it is, your lower wastegate hose may have a leak in it.