Installing H&R spacers

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:44 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing H&R spacers

My package arrived from Achtuning today. Perfect parts and arrived right on time. Excellent!

When installing spacers, does the concave side of the spacer go towards the car or away from the car? The directions don't say so I installed them with the concave side going away from the car. (meaning you can see the concave side when looking at the hub. It tapers inward towards the center) The H&R logo etched into the side of the spacer can be seen right side up when they go concave side out so this is my reasoning that this is correct but I'd still like some confirmation.

They look and fit great but I'm not out of the woods yet. I have one rear lug nut that is on way too tight and it's starting to strip. This lug is a real MOTHER**CKER! Obviously the shop torqued it too much. Any pointers on getting it off. I've tried hammering a smaller socket on and I'm still not getting enough bite. One lug out of 20 is causing me more aggravation than I ever imagined. WTF

Other than that no problems.

R
Old 06-19-2009, 05:46 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Most tire shops have special sockets for this that you hammer on. They grab harder as you attempt to loosen the nut/bolt. Ive borrowed one a couple times....
Old 06-20-2009, 12:54 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Yep, I did what you suggested. The local tire place had it off in about 2 mins. I messed with that stupid bolt for hours!

R