Got stopped by the Police too.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2008, 09:46 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got stopped by the Police too.....

Sunday night I installed a new waste gate and was playing around with the N-75 solenoid plumbing to see if moving around hoses made a difference. Monday morning when I got her running right about 2:00 AM I'm running up and down Colo-85 (Santa Fe Dr.) doing high mph runs. Did about three of them and all of a sudden red and blue from the oncomming lanes, knew it was me because I was the only one there. I automatically stopped, and as always had my license, insurance and registration in my hands on the lower door sill where he could see them. A good friend who's dad was a State Trooper told me to always do that...Cops like that as they can see your hands and know you are prepared with the right papers. The Cop told me he clocked me at 70 in a 50. It was juuust a bit more than that...but I didn't argue. Told him I was working on the car all day and was road tuning and figured that this was the safest time to do so. He smiled at me and said that it looked like she was tuned pretty well and I think he noticed that my hands were full of grease. Said he was a Audi fan and asked if it was a 20V. I said yes, and he smiled again and looked over the car....I think he knew that my speeds were juuuust a bit more than 70 too. Came back to the car handed me my license and asked if I was done tuning because the car looked to be running very well. He said that he knew what the car was capabile of. I said that I was. He told me LPD was getting tired of scraping dead people up off of "Death Drive" which is what they now unofficially call Santa Fe Drive and to take it easy and go home. Gave me a verbal warning and let me go. Cool guy. Man I'm lucky. Car runs rock solid good...I'm finally about ready to either do some turbo mods or a chip I think....I'm going to need your and RockinV8's help soon Ronny:+)
Old 02-21-2008, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Great story, not enough of that 'rationale' these days with 'Da man..

YOu are indeed fortunate.. I enjoyed the read.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:09 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

^^^ Da Troof.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Cool story, glad the Man was cool. I've been pulleed over a few times...

with the 5ktq and I did what you did, hands where the officer can see them and papers ready. That and being polite always seems to get me going on a warning.... and "nice car" comment. Cheers!
Old 02-21-2008, 09:34 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default When you do get around to doing the turbo swap and such...

I'm more than happy to assist both in the selection of pieces and the physical installation. As long as you are the one who gets to install the last turbo flange bolt on the new turbo, which is a huge PITA.

As far as the cruise stuff - I have the actuator with a good bushing that is uncracked and new looking(AKA no worries about unintended acceleration). $Andrew Jackson and its yours.
Old 02-21-2008, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Super User

;-)
Old 02-21-2008, 02:00 PM

In Toronto he would rape you and deposses the car
Old 02-21-2008, 02:19 PM

Default Nice : )

And I know what you mean about having the papers ready. I've heard some horror stories about people reaching for the glovebox to retrieve that stuff.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default lucky bastard!

I've only been let off once, and the cop was PISSED, but i had stopped and got out of the car and walking away when he pulled up, aparently he turned around and was chasing me down. I was oblivious to this and was near my destination. I got chewed out, he didnt hold back on his language either, but no ticket.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Good Story Dave and glad to hear you're getting the car sorted out.

Quick Reply: Got stopped by the Police too.....