Autohauz good ?

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2009, 05:49 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nervous about Chinese knock offs.

I'm wondering now how many of the parts I got from AH-AZ were made in china. Meylr-German is supposed to be from China.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenmurray
I'm wondering now how many of the parts I got from AH-AZ were made in china. Meylr-German is supposed to be from China.
Most meyle parts are made in china and there for are junk. I'd avoid buying Meyle parts whenever possible.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default So Autohauz az would be a better place if they didn't sell Meyle.

So Autohauz az would be a better place if they didn't sell Meyle.
Old 03-20-2009, 04:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by stevenmurray
So Autohauz az would be a better place if they didn't sell Meyle.
What makes you say that? Autohausaz is just about the best online parts place on the net with free shipping over $50 and the fact they never seem to send the wrong part/s, not to mention their prices are hard to beat. Some Meyle parts work just fine and are made in Germany others are not and don't last long. I don't understand your statement I like autohausaz regardless if they carry a certain brand of parts.
Old 03-21-2009, 04:53 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 75 Likes on 67 Posts

True, and the "cheapie" upper rear control arm for the A6 I just bought turned out to be a Febi-Bilstein part...
Old 03-21-2009, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thumbs-up for AutoHaus AZ
Old 03-22-2009, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default If they sell a mix of good parts and junk parts from china then it's too much work4me

I'd prefer a place that only sells quality parts. I bought a CGT horn from them that only lasted 10 months. The free shipping loses it's value when you have to spend $7 to send that horn back.
Old 03-23-2009, 01:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah.... i think we have a case of 'it is what it is'. Ie: who does the best job of shipping on time, shipping correct parts...and who has some knowledge to back up what they sell. (the 3rd being most important in a lot of cases). YOu know who you are dealing with... whether you get fast service, accurate service, knowledgeable service, etc... Some parts are NLA except the 'cheap' parts that appear to cause problems. Not much to be said on that... (MFTS is one such example for sure where stock part does 10yrs, replacement 1 or 2?) Having the expectation of fast,accurate,knowledgable from one source could be tricky. when you find it hang onto it. I find my dealer is great... they are fast, accurate... but expensive. I don't pay shpping and i can return the part at the dealer. Online you have the logistics side to deal with.... fact of life.

Yeah. so if you don't want uberMeyle parts... then probably good to avoid any worldpac distro and most other parts suppliers. Could be your car will never run again due to your shyness from Meyle.

As for me... I'll probably look for el cheapo and stick with'm. I think we have a worldpacker here in Toronto area...so I SUPPOSE i'm obligated to support him. (ok..so aa big guy twisted my arm to do so).

Happy Wrenchin!
Old 03-23-2009, 05:43 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Most parts retailers, both online and offline, are Worldpac and/or IMC resellers. Both Worldpac and IMC carry parts of varying quality. When ordered from a reseller's website, both Worldpac and IMC drop ship to end users, so the online retailer never physically handles the part. They both carry Meyle parts.

As Orfsadoy mentioned, Meyle is (or is owned by) a China-based company. Most of their parts are made in China and are junk (despite the fact that they try to make their parts look as though they originate in Germany). Here's a little known fact: the same Chinese company that owns Meyle also owns IMC(!). They keep the ownership under wraps.

Ever wonder why a car's original CV boots last 8 years, but aftermarket boots often last only 3 years?

Here's the sad truth regarding aftermarket parts:

1. Most aftermarket parts are manufactured without benefit of the car manufacturer's drawings or specifications. They are instead reverse engineered from samples. Therefore alloys, rubber composition and curing times, and material heat treating and hardness are whatever the aftermarket manufacturer thinks makes sense for the application or he thinks he can get away with.

2. No aftermarket parts are put through third-party quality control testing. Quality control testing is whatever the part manufacturer decides is adequate. Rest assured that once a part is cataloged, neither Worldpac, IMC, nor any retailer tests any part.

Moral: If you insist on the best quality parts, buy them from an Audi dealer (and go broke doing it).

Last edited by RussB; 03-23-2009 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-24-2009, 06:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default The problem is often that you can't buy them from audi. NLA

And sometimes the stuff I do get from Audi (for urq) has a 1993 date code! I think that was an upper Rad hose.

My preferred thing is to get them from a German supplier - like Leomoford (sic). I got some tie rods made from them At $110 after at $260 each from Audi they told me they are NLA.

Maybe that guy Scott Mockery only sells quality stuff. Some of these parts suppliers have to get a new business plan ' NO CHINESE PARTS ever'.

Quick Reply: Autohauz good ?