Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Other Audi > Audi 4000 / Coupe GT Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 06:59 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 220582

Default Starla mufflers, opinions?

Both of my mufflers kicked the bucket. I've read through the many debates on the forums about which muffler works best, best bang for the buck, etc. It seems to me that nobody came to a consensus on which brand or setup worked best. I know I don't want to go with cheap Walker mufflers. FCPEuro has Starla brand mufflers for a pretty decent price, and they bolt right up. Anyone have an opinion on Starla mufflers? All I know is they are Swedish.
TEF1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2013, 08:12 PM   #2
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 184152

I think they sound pretty sweet. Probably get you close to a Borla in sound, which is about the best I've ever heard on these.

Of course the best thing for sound is a turbo. My project car came with a parts store Magnaflow and sounded like poo. Finished that turbo swap and now it sounds great. Really quieted down the harshness.

-Rog
Rogviler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
AudiWorld Member

I figured they would be pretty good, but I thought I would ask the Audi experts first. I had a turbo Saab with a Starla muffler and it was pretty throaty sounding for a little four cylinder. I just wasn't sure about the older Audis since they're so picky. As always thanks Rog.
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM   #4
AudiWorld Member

Boy the rust gods are angry with me. First I had to clean rust and crud out of my gas tank, and now this. Yes that is a giant hole in my muffler! The hole was so big that I would have been better off just cutting the damn muffler off and running the exhaust straight out of the resonator. At least my loud, raspy exhaust would have been intentional. Anywho, I swapped out the muffler for the Starla muffler I bought on FCPEuro. The quality of the muffler is top notch, and the sound is awesome! It's quiet when it needs to be and throaty when it really needs to be. Some of the sound could be from the aftermarket resonator my uncle had installed. I don't know what brand it is, but I have the receipt from when my uncle had it replaced. It's definitely not stock. I highly recommend these mufflers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG1160.jpg (45.8 KB, 6 views)
Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8

Paid Advertisement

Tags
mufflers, review, starla