The hUmpday Carlisle post...22 Audis registered!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The hUmpday Carlisle post...22 Audis registered!

Carlisle = Friday May 15 thru Sunday May 17, 2009 (this is the Import-Kit/Replicar show) held in lovely Carlisle, PA at the fairgrounds, right off of the PA Turnpike.

<b>New this year at Carlisle</b>--fire rings/pits for the 6 largest clubs!! Therefore, we need to get on it!! We asked for it, they listened to us--now we want to benefit from it!

* Registered so far: *
Me
Al/Supercoupe x 2 Audis
Roger/Roger@Capital Audi
Alan/32vquattro
Dave/AudiSpaulding
Paul/PxTx
Nathan/berzerker
Chris/myers1.8TqTips
Kurt/Betty Humpter x 2
Steve/Serf2k
Mark/blewtoon
Kevin/Thunderbox
Doug/WAUG0806
Wiley/WRC x 2
Jen/audi coupeless
Chris/icon73
David/B5Davidm
Paul/cyberpmg
Neal/toeneal

CHECK THIS OUT! Scott S. has created www.theaudiclub.com" as a place for us to catch up.

If you're new to this...search the forum for "Carlisle" and you'll see a ton of posts. Or go to audi4000.com for the past FIVE years' pics!

All models are welcome. I'll be there bright and early on Friday morning to help direct people where to park on the showfield. I've sort of given up trying to arrange it by models. Since we all come and go, it's sort of tough.

HOW TO:

We're all going to register under one name--The Audi Club.

The link at the bottom of this post will let you register on line if you have a credit card directly via Carlisle's site. Click on the second one down, 2008 Carlisle Import-Kit/Replicar Nationals NON-JUDGED Show Field. Fill in the info, type in "The Audi Club" where designated.

The cost is $20 for the first car you bring. This $20 includes you, one guest, and your car for the entire weekend!

On that same link, you can also register to camp for $15, and you can register for both in one transaction. Camping is on-site, near where we park our cars, and there's a shower/bathroom facility with electricity, warm showers, flushing toilets, lovely bathroom attendants (Butch and Angie!), etc. If you plan to partake in any boozing that may occur, I strongly suggest camping so there's no issues with driving to your hotel afterwards.

Your little card will come in the mail a few days later. If you plan to register multiple cars, you can do that too and you'll get a discounted rate.

You know the drill:

PLEASE EMAIL ME ONCE YOU REGISTER: morganevans@excite.com.

Please put CARLISLE in the subject and include your name, your screen name, what car you've registered, your location, whether you're going to camp, and the day you're arriving! I'll usually respond to confirm I gotcha, so if you don't hear back from me, please resend.

I will find out about the showfield tent situation (we've been spoiled with 2 big tents!) and will plan on doing a group BBQ Saturday.

As is routine, we will divvy up the food, condiments, snacks, beer, drinks, etc. in May.

I've already made a reservation for 100 at The Market Cross Pub (same place we've gone the last 3 years) for Friday night at 7pm. We'll take a sign-up for that in May as well. EDIT: I am going to call them and cut the reservation down to 70 shortly due to lack of response. No sense in taking up their space on a busy weekend (graduation, carshow) if we're not going to use it.

Historical info regarding registration: On this date in 08, we had 35 registered; in 07 at this date we had 32 registered; and in 06...27 registered by this date!

BOTTOM LINE AND DISCLAIMER: It's all about fun, hanging out, looking at cars, enjoying conversation, BBQing, etc. In years past, beer has been consumed. Sometimes people act stupid and don't "behave" like you wish they would. I'm not the designated babysitter, nor is anyone else. Know your limits and respect others. For those who prefer not to drink, you'll still enjoy yourself--it's a great group of people and there's a TON of stuff to do at the Fairgrounds. This is why we were awarded the 2008 Coolest Club Hangout!

Questions...post 'em here or on theaudiclub.com! And feel free to x-post this for me.

Imagine your chair and car here:

We like to BBQ!
Old 04-01-2009, 07:48 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

cant wait!!! Going to be good times!!!
Old 04-02-2009, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Default Especially with you dancing to Abba, lol!

Good times
Old 04-02-2009, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sadly, I am still just a maybe on this... I might have to be in Arizona.