audiworld is on the glitch lately. . . has the whole site timed out??

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 07:08 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default audiworld is on the glitch lately. . . has the whole site timed out??

Not sure what the deal is around here lately, page loading is hit or miss, posted links dont seem to work anymore, every clickable anything is replaced with a red x, traffic was already at an all-time low but now it's really bad. The only thing that seems to load properly is the advertisments. . . go figure. I was already considering moving my project thread to another site just due to lack of intrest & no interaction from anyone besides zec, but now I might do it just because the site itself wont function like it should. At first I really liked this island in a sea of audi know-it-all's but now I just don't see the point in sticking around when the 4000/coupe GT forum times out more often than it loads.

Am I the only one having these issues or what? is anybody still out there?? lol
Old 01-15-2013, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I would be totally going somewhere else just based on the way it messes up links now. I hate trying to help someone with a link to something they need and it gets redirected through an advertising site just so AW can make a cent...

I just don't know where. Vortex is...Vortex. The B2 forum there is deader than dead as well. Motorgeek is tough to just have a project thread without it getting trashed by a lot of off-topic junk (or getting ignored completely, being asked why you don't put ten grand into it and "do it right", et cetera). Quattroworld has that hideous thread layout that turns a big project into a clickfest. I feel like I'm in 1994 when I go there...

I think people just put up with slowness, ads, and poor site design because there's nothing better. People have tried to start their own sites and of course they fail because nobody wants to go to a new place and start all over.

I'm going to borrow this emoticon from another site because it's the way I feel about Audi sites:

-Rog