Ugh...I already don't like it

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 05:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeh! six years on this forum and over a thousand post and I'm still a 'Junior' member. What's it take?

And where's my sig pic?

Why is my post time 1:06 pm? It's 9:06 am here.

And...

You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 11:00 PM
Ahah!

Your signature contains too many lines and must be shortened. You may only have up to 8 line(s). Long text may have been implicitly wrapped, causing it to be counted as multiple lines.
That's a limitation.

Last edited by rmccomiskie; 03-17-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 03-17-2009, 05:11 AM

I liked the way the old forum allowed you to look down the page and immediately see how many & whom had responded to a question. Also if someone snuck an answer in the middle it stood out because it wasn’t highlighted. I don’t see this as an improvement at all, it just isn’t as user friendly. Can we have the old deal back ? ~ John Buchtenkirch
Old 03-17-2009, 05:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by hammer 10
I liked the way the old forum allowed you to look down the page and immediately see how many & whom had responded to a question.
This does that MUCH better. All threads with replies get bumped to the top of the page. You want to know what is new? Scan the top threads.

Also if someone snuck an answer in the middle it stood out because it wasn’t highlighted.
No sneaking in the middle now, all new replies go at the bottom of the thread, it builds in a linear fashion.

I don’t see this as an improvement at all, it just isn’t as user friendly. Can we have the old deal back ? ~ John Buchtenkirch
Far more user friendly now. The far majority of internet forums use VB or ZF, KAWF is one of (if not THE) least user friendly forum software around.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

OK, genius, fix our FAQ thread for us then....

I wonder if Google has a good cache of it.
Old 03-17-2009, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DaveInSaltLake
and to top it off, the forum is calling me a dick (member) every time I post.
Fortunately it only say your name is that, now if it was more than a name........ Maby the hiccups will get sorted out in the future? Well they have to make work of it, at least to keep the members here

PS Dave, your address still the same?? Check your post
Cheers
Corne
Old 03-17-2009, 06:49 AM

The new forum is great...it should've used to a php format long, long ago!

The only downside is that the crappy old format didn't translate real well (ie. FAQs) Far better useability with this php though.
Old 03-17-2009, 08:55 AM

Finally!

I'm sorry, I've been working with computer for years and I always thought the old forum was an unacceptable format.

I don't want to sound rude or out of place in anyway, but you cannot complain about the FAQ.
It was structured in a bad way from the start, come on... replying to a post to add an entry? No way.

It should have been a thread with a post on each argument (engine, brakes, ...) collecting links to threads. No wonder it's all broken now.
Someone must open a new FAQ thread, ask the moderators to make it sticky (always at the top of the board), and start putting back things.

There are a number of things still to be fixed.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 24 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by RobertoM
Finally!

I'm sorry, I've been working with computer for years and I always thought the old forum was an unacceptable format.

I don't want to sound rude or out of place in anyway, but you cannot complain about the FAQ.
It was structured in a bad way from the start, come on... replying to a post to add an entry? No way.

It should have been a thread with a post on each argument (engine, brakes, ...) collecting links to threads. No wonder it's all broken now.
Someone must open a new FAQ thread, ask the moderators to make it sticky (always at the top of the board), and start putting back things.

There are a number of things still to be fixed.
If they gave a rats *** they would have made sure all functionality would work before the switch, Its not like they didn't have access the posts.
I under stand they are trying to move the forum forward but if the majority of the users don't want it they why force it.. New doesn't always mean better, yeah you might get fancy features( just like our cars) but build quality sucks.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Member

I lied. I do like the fact that you can revive old posts, but this sucks.
Old 03-18-2009, 07:38 PM

Default Ewwww. 1970's Datsun Brown

Waz up with this color scheme?

Quick Reply: Ugh...I already don't like it