S tranny conversion i want the power.

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 09:05 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default S tranny conversion i want the power.

i just got my car from work and i have been driving my bosses granddaughters 100 s around that i modified she has the sport buttion i dont and i want one anyone know how i do this? i like the 6700 shift on command. actually nether her nor i disengaged it after i turned it on the power is much better.
Old 07-15-2008, 09:22 PM

Default The power is the same...

And that transmission isn't known for its reliability. It's an automatic, just push your foot down all the way if you want it to shift at 6700 RPM.
Old 07-15-2008, 10:44 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default The later cars without the sport button have adaptive learning for the transmission map

There are 5 maps in the transmission computer. If you're not driving them hard, they will go into economy mode. The owner's manual tells you that if you want to move to sport mode, then quickly depress the accelerator pedal. You do not need to press it all the way to the floor. You will feel the car jerk slightly as the transmission wakes up, and then you're in sport mode....have at it.

Also, you may find the throttle cable at the throttle body is out of adjustment. Pop the upper plastic cover off, and you'll probably need to take the plastic air intake plenum off as well. Have a friend hold the accelerator pedal to the floor and see if you're getting the throttle plates to open fully. There is a "C" clip there on the end of the throttle cable. Have your friend release the pedal, then slide the "C" clip off, pull the throttle cable housing out of the throttle body just a few "notches" and reinstall the "C" clip. You'll find it's much more responsive.
Old 07-16-2008, 05:27 AM

You could just install the button. I think that's worth at least 10hp.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default The later cars without the sport button have adaptive learning SWEET

i noticed the car got racier today and for now im going to cut the leftovers out of the intake and adjust the throttle like you said tomorrow i drive again and hopefully with new filters it will pick up some more lost power. im going to drag against the other 100 to find out where im at.
Old 07-16-2008, 06:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default whats up with 80??

i noticed most audi's like to hit and stay at 80 hitting 100 is like pulling teeth in the 100 lol then it picks up abit again the a8 likes to not shift until 80 and the late 90s a6 likes to cruise at 80 where is this number coming from? tranny, computer, what?
Old 07-16-2008, 08:07 PM
AudiWorld Super User

It's all about where torque meets drag
Old 07-21-2008, 06:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default AIR friend or foe?! :P but seriousley love the way it kicks in

its been a few says and ive learned how to kick the tranny into sport in two seconds. but i know int not good for the engine but when i manually shift it dosent like to shift into first i only used it 3 times the first was an emergency a semi pulled in front of me at 80 brakes and down shift= fast smooth stop. and more inportantly when i hit into third it shifts when it wants two it will stay in second until it goes into reline. i dont mind it when im in drive but when the shifter is in third it should be in third. is this bad or is this normal?
Old 07-21-2008, 06:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Default Quit with the manual shifting or you'll grenade that transmission

The harder you drive the car and the more of this kind of shifting you do, the sooner it's going to be in the wrecking yard.

Downshifting is especially hard on a transmission because you are asking it to try to stop a 4,500lb car.....and a transmission is not stronger than your ABS brakes.
Old 08-04-2008, 09:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default im doing the throttle body. and on the downshifting i agree.

although it can be fun im going to reserve this for emergencies like that truck but im also going to knock out the abs i cant stand it!...or atleast put a switch in my boss is going to help me out with this one. but on a second note i got my throttle body roughed out and im polishing it should be done by 2:00 am im tired but ill not regret it! ported adjusted knife edged and im putting a dab of jb weld in there to increase flow if im correct by dabbing it in the places i didn't dare to port there for making an even surface i should increase flow... i hope.

Quick Reply: S tranny conversion i want the power.