Looking for a measurment on a C4 avant

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 12:50 AM
DBZ
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking for a measurment on a C4 avant

I would really appreciate it if someone would bother measuring the diagonal distance from underneath the sun-wisor up front, to the rear of the boot (with the rear seat down of course) on a C4 avant.

I'm flying model airplanes and I have a 3m one-piece wing (thats approx 9ft) that I have huge trouble loading in my B4 sedan, not to mention my C4 sedan (bloody impossible in the latter case.. since the rear seats don't fold)

The reason I'm asking is that that I might get rid of the two sedans and buy an avant, but I want to be damn sure the wing will fit nicely

Thnx...
Old 06-25-2006, 11:57 AM

Default measured mine today........

.....and you wont get it sun-visor up front, to the rear of the boot, that's about 2.7m, but you can get a 3.2m length in, (depending on its width & depth).

You can either lay (straight not diagonal), it on the dash top about 3.1m or into the foot well 3.2m (again straight not diagonal), but to do this you have to put the section of rear seat down (mine is 1/3 2/3 split) remove both head rests (mine simply slide in the rear is on a catch and the front had clips that I've taken out as they are not needed)

You can the lay the backrest of the front passenger seat flat by putting the seat fully forward. Have some pictures but my image host is down atm, ask if you like them......

Do note mine is UK spec right hand drive with cloth interior manual seats, so US versions may differ.

Avant versions are very practical I've had a 2m X 1m Lista workbench, a double industrial sink and the majority of a 2 post Bradbury car lift in mine at various times!!

Curiosity... with a 3 metre wing span that's some model??
Old 06-25-2006, 01:21 PM
DBZ
AudiWorld Member

Default Thanx a bunch!

Thanx a bunch! Now I've got something to give serious thought to. I was hoping to slide it underneath the sun visor, providing space for a passenger.

The thing is I'm able to fit the wing in the B4 if I fold the passenger side rear seat and remove the passenger head rest, but even with this "configuration" I still only manage to take one passager (just barely) sitting behind me which is a bit of a downside since splitting fuel-costs is quite lucrative when travelling to competitions =). A c4 avant would provide me more space for the rest of the gear though.

The model is a "F3B"-model, a competition glider. Pretty much Forumula 1-stuff as far R/C-aircraft goes. 3m wingspan full-carbon wing, fiberglass fuselage etc. Pretty neat stuff. I've been flying 'em for approx 15 years now, competing mainly in Sweden but also in Germany.

Thanks once again
Old 06-26-2006, 07:41 AM

Default Another idea....

Friend of mine here uses a box on the roof carrier to transport his model aeroplanes. It's shaped like a kyak to reduce wind drag and has frames inside to secure the parts.