How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2011, 02:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by serpetar
Hi to all...I am new here. Got the car 2 years ago. I am in love, but also have problem for about 2 yeras, and still cant solve.
After I read everything about engine hesitation between 1200 and 1800 rev's and checking the relay 31, also theplugs and cables, and also the idle valve, and MAF I gave up. Went to a garage on a VAG and find 2 errors: Lambda sensor and coolant temperature sensor. What now? Where they r? R they expensive?
Thanks, if you just read this ))))
Coolant sensor there are lot of DIY on the forums...lamda sensor never come across...but u can search that too...

You can get coolant sensor on autohausaz.com or blaufparts...
Old 11-06-2011, 02:26 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Just bought a 100CSQ Avant myself. Looking at engine swaps now. Any good links with details as to what parts are required for either V8 or 2.7T? I can handle the install and electronics (& immo delete) myself.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

I've got a 92 Audi 100 (and have owned it for many, many years). It's still the most reliable car I have ever owned. It still feels "solid" and has aged well - much better than the A6 Avant I've got.
Old 12-25-2011, 05:55 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Mine is a 1996 A6 Quattro Wagon Just turned 104K. I bought it from the original owners who bought it new in Van Nuys CA. The car was always a Southern Cal. car. They moved to Nashville this year and I got it. It is silver with black leather. The car looks like new inside and out. It passed emissions test with flying colors. It seems to need nothing. The car was always serviced by Audi of Van Nuys, and all the stamps are in the service book.

For some reason the owners manual is for the sedan and not the wagon, but I don't think that there is much that the book does not cover.

Mine has the 3rd seat option too, and has the Bose Amp and speakers in the right rear compartment. The original radio is in a box and they had an aftermarket Kenwood Excelon radio. They wanted to be able to play CD's, and had it installed. The rear speakers and Amp are not operable. I've been trying to find how to make them work, but the idiot that did the installation cut the harness and hard wired everything in. (Professional shop).

I'm concerned about the timing belt. As I understand it, the belt should be replaced fairly soon. Any opinions on this?

Also, the torque converter seems to go into lock up at the same time the transmission shifts to 3rd gear. Is this normal? My BMW does not go into full lock up until about 55 MPH, and it has a progressive lock up, so you don't feel it as much as you can see it on the Tach.

I've noticed that the engine speed appears to be fairly high on the highway. I'm turning about 2200 RPM at 50 MPH and about 2800 at 65 MPH. I suppose these all wheel drive cars have a fairly short final drive ratio.

Any opinions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

^No Worries, you are not alone. I'm here too Names Dima but most know me as C4.Style on most Audi forums. Creator or C4 CLUB and just simply obsessed with Audi's from the nineties.

I agree on all the points you just said in your last post because I'm the same way. Spend about 5K also in 3 years since I bough it in later '08. All just to make it run like a champ, look fresher, and all because I love it to death even tho make tell me on the daily basic to get rid of that old thing and get something new. Yeah they will never understand, NEVER!
Oh and did I mention that more investing still needed?hahaa...its a never ending stripers club game but I don't mind. As long as haters gonna hate everytime an old school 90's role in the parking lot, I'll keep that smile nice and wide and be proud to own such a great car.
Old 01-07-2012, 04:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by C4.Style
^No Worries, you are not alone. I'm here too Names Dima but most know me as C4.Style on most Audi forums. Creator or C4 CLUB and just simply obsessed with Audi's from the nineties.

I agree on all the points you just said in your last post because I'm the same way. Spend about 5K also in 3 years since I bough it in later '08. All just to make it run like a champ, look fresher, and all because I love it to death even tho make tell me on the daily basic to get rid of that old thing and get something new. Yeah they will never understand, NEVER!
Oh and did I mention that more investing still needed?hahaa...its a never ending stripers club game but I don't mind. As long as haters gonna hate everytime an old school 90's role in the parking lot, I'll keep that smile nice and wide and be proud to own such a great car.
Was replying to l0ll0's first post(sorry, still getting used to this forums set up).
Old 01-09-2012, 08:34 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 1990 Audi 100 with 3182,000+ miles...

Yes, I'm a proud owner of a daily-driver 1990 Audi 100 that now has over 318,000 miles on it (original engine & heads!); sips only 1 quart of oil every 11,000 miles (last oil change was down only 1/2 quart after 5,500 miles!)
Attached Images  
The following users liked this post:
tgrigal (04-22-2021)
Old 01-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

^Even though wrong section and platform I still like it. Saw your video a while back when it was turning 300K. Nice ride!
Old 01-09-2012, 09:57 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Audi 100

Sorry, I don't keep up with the "platforms", ie: C4, C3, whatever... while I study the history of Audi, I prefer to just call it what it is: "1990 Audi 100"... Cheers!
Old 01-23-2012, 12:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Just sold my son's Audi 1996 A6 quattro for $1,000. I bought it 6 years ago with 100k miles for $6,000. Now it has 207k miles. It will need a new radiator soon, though, that's what I told the new owner, any DYI on how to change the radiator?

Overall, great car, very reliable, very easy to work on it.

Cadiz

Quick Reply: How many Audi 100 onwers are out there?