Cluth Problem Help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 02:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cluth Problem Help

Hey peeps, I have a problem with my tranny....

Its a 92 100CS non quattro 2.8 stick shift.

The cars clutch pedal went to the florr and could not shift anymore, took to my mechanic and it needed bleeding. Car came out running again, and no issues.

About 3-4 weeks after that something strange happened..

The car would go in to neutral, or as If I stepped on the clutch and would not run, the revs would go up but its like the clutch is in. even tough the car was still in gear... it would happen in all gears..... I would only shift between gears, and just like that, i would again engage, and run as if nothing had happened.

Whit the car in gear and neutralized as I had stepped on the clutch pedal, I would hear a very soft grinding noise coming from the tranny. If I would step on the clutch pedal, the noise would go away, and if I where to take out the clutch pedal,the car would not move forward even tough it was still in gear (2nd or 3rd)....

The car would do this running.....im driving 30-40 mph and just like that it would do the same thing, as if I had pressed the clutch pedal and the revs would go up....I would let the car roll, a few feet in neutral, I would shift gears and the car would go just like that.

So I think to myself.....clutch is gone.....mechanic said that it could be the throwout bearing, so he went ahead and took down the tranny.

...everything is good, pressure plate, disc, throwout bearing, and now we stand here wondering what the hell the problem is........

Any ideas?????

Is the tranny toast???

Thanks!!!!