A4 (B6 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B6 Audi A4 produced from 2002-2005

Central Locking Problem

Old 11-17-2011, 04:45 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central Locking Problem

hi, I just bought my first Audi A4 yesterday so Im completely new to the Audi world.

Audi A4 B6 model 01

The car has a central locking issue.

The key fob has no battery in it so I'm not sure if the remote central locking is even working, but when I put the key into the drivers door keyhole and turn, its only locking the drivers door.

I can press the central locking button inside the car (on drivers door) and this will lock the back doors and boot, but still doesn't lock the passenger door.

So to completely lock the car, I have to: 1. Press the central lock button inside the car for back doors and boot. then, 2. Use the key in the manual lock mechanism on the side of the passengers door for the that door. And then finally 3. Lock the drivers door manually from outside the car.

just slightly annoying......

Are there any common problems with the central locking on these models? and any fix advice?

Also are there any door panel removal guides here on the forum?

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-18-2011, 05:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 35 Likes on 35 Posts

Quick question. Never can remember if Ireland is right or left drive? Sorry, dirven there but can't remember...

Anyway, I will check this evening, but I think the only problem you have is with the front passenger door. The fact that you can't lock the driver's door is a "feature" to keep from locking keys in the car. Does the passenger door lock when you push the lock "button" on the passenger door? If so, then your issue is probably the harness that goes to the passenger door. If not, then your lock mechanism has an issue. I lean toward the harness based on my experience with lock mechanisms on this car and others.

Here's are a couple links, one to help inspect the harness and the other on replacing it.

http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/inde...20763#msg20763

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=20557793
Old 11-20-2011, 02:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lyleswk
Quick question. Never can remember if Ireland is right or left drive? Sorry, dirven there but can't remember...

Anyway, I will check this evening, but I think the only problem you have is with the front passenger door. The fact that you can't lock the driver's door is a "feature" to keep from locking keys in the car. Does the passenger door lock when you push the lock "button" on the passenger door? If so, then your issue is probably the harness that goes to the passenger door. If not, then your lock mechanism has an issue. I lean toward the harness based on my experience with lock mechanisms on this car and others.

Here's are a couple links, one to help inspect the harness and the other on replacing it.

http://www.audigeeks.com/forums/inde...20763#msg20763

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho...php?p=20557793
Hi, thanks for your reply.
We drive on the left side over here.
I think your probably correct in saying the the only problem is in the passenger door. I imagine that if there was a problem with central locking pump then the interior button would not be locking the rear doors and boot. My model does not have lock buttons on each door inside the car. To manually lock a door if the central locking is not working, you have to push the key into a small hole in the door frame and then close the door. Doing this does lock the door for me. I will check out your links and see if something comes up.
Thanks again