Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Anyone here with really good body work knowledge willing to help me with some ???'s

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2009, 10:42 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone here with really good body work knowledge willing to help me with some ???'s

I have paint spatter all over my car that the body shop thinks will require a full paint job (looks like epoxy or enamel). They are going to try a couple things next week to see what they can get off but they said it doesn't look good and the car may be totalled. If that is the case I would like to take the money, buy the car back and do all the prep myself so I can just have someone spray the whole car.

I have a pretty good idea of what I am doing but just have a couple questions on how to deal with a dented rocker panel, what is the best way to deal with some chips in the paint at the top of the windshield and the front of the hood. Also, specific products to use in prepping the body. I am just looking for someone who I can speak with on the phone or email a couple photos for some advice. I won't take too much of your time but I am hoping for someone who actually does this for a living or really has some extensive knowledge.
TIA.

If it is totalled I may just take the money and buy the car back and sell it. Who knows.