Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Anyone know anything about the S6 Avant at Force5?

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-2009, 11:03 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone know anything about the S6 Avant at Force5?

I am in the market for a Ur-s car and saw this one. Just got off the phone with Chris and the only ting different than the ad title is it no longer has a 6 speed. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this car ie. seen it in person or driven it in its present state. Also, if anyone here might be looking to sell their S in the near future and haven't posted yet in the usual places let me know.
Old 07-23-2009, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Is it the silver one? If it is, it looks half decent (i don't know anything about it, BTW) but seems a little pricy....not too bad but I bet you could get it much cheaper. It's bee for sale for a while.....if it's the same one.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:18 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default urS6 Avant for sale in the SLC

Originally Posted by red4kcsq
I am in the market for a Ur-s car and saw this one.
Mine is for sale. Deduct $1k from asking price if you don't want the new BBS wheels & tires. Call me if you have any questions.

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...standard=false
Old 07-28-2009, 10:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default Can I buy drugs from you?

I paid $7900 for a 101k 95 Emerald/Ecru Avant, and there is NO WAY IN HELL you are getting 30mpg.
Old 07-28-2009, 02:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cash68
I paid $7900 for a 101k 95 Emerald/Ecru Avant, and there is NO WAY IN HELL you are getting 30mpg.
That's a good price for a stock urS6 Avant. Now if you were to compare apples to apples, you'll notice mine is not stock. I purchased mine about a year ago with similar mileage. You better start a savings fund for your urS6 because you'll need it

And yes, I do get approximately 30MPG. When I drive a responsible speed on the Interstate and stay out of boost, I get between 28MPG & 32MPG. Gas mileage as you know is dependent on many factors...
Old 07-28-2009, 03:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default BS.

Originally Posted by Wraythe
That's a good price for a stock urS6 Avant. Now if you were to compare apples to apples, you'll notice mine is not stock. I purchased mine about a year ago with similar mileage. You better start a savings fund for your urS6 because you'll need it

And yes, I do get approximately 30MPG. When I drive a responsible speed on the Interstate and stay out of boost, I get between 28MPG & 32MPG. Gas mileage as you know is dependent on many factors...
I do not believe a 2900lb brick with AWD can get 30mpg. I took my car on a massive roadtrip, and tried to get the best MPG possible. I stayed off boost for entire tanks, and even then I only managed 23.9mpg.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:02 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Cash68
I do not believe a 2900lb brick with AWD can get 30mpg
Mixed driving (city & highway) I get 23MPG. Upon fuel refills, I document all gas receipts with odometer readings.

If you have time on your hands, create a dedicated thread on gas mileage. You may be surprised with the results.

PS - The urS6 Avant weights closer to 4000lb
Old 07-28-2009, 07:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yes it has been for sale for a while

Originally Posted by red4kcsq
I am in the market for a Ur-s car and saw this one. Just got off the phone with Chris and the only ting different than the ad title is it no longer has a 6 speed. Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with this car ie. seen it in person or driven it in its present state. Also, if anyone here might be looking to sell their S in the near future and haven't posted yet in the usual places let me know.
I've check his site for ages now and it has'nt moved in close to 2 yr's . It is a rare and nice color option with the black leather and that's prolly what he is counting on selling it for ?
Old 07-28-2009, 08:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

And it's not like a private owner: he doesn't need to sell. Worst case he can part it or hold on to it. It's different in a case like this.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:17 PM
AudiWorld Super User

2900lbs? Can I buy drugs from you? I get about 13mpg if it makes you guys feel any better. (superrich)Dahlback racing software, foot-to-the floor all the time and you'll-never-pass-me attitude. I win.

Quick Reply: Anyone know anything about the S6 Avant at Force5?