Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

My 93 is a 92!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2009, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My 93 is a 92!!

Just found out my 93 is a 92 spec. Kinda makes me feel a little better about all the money I have been dumping into it. Word of advice to anybody looking to buy a urs, don't get one that has been parked for a long amount of time. Not driving them often is bad for their health. Anyways, this site, and all of you out there who help out and ask questions and so on, have been a big help. Thanks, lets keep em rolling.
Old 06-24-2009, 05:08 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Let me guess you are in Canada or you bought a Canadian "Elmwood" "93".
Old 06-24-2009, 05:55 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by misfiturs4
Just found out my 93 is a 92 spec. Not driving them often is bad for their health.
QFT.
Old 06-24-2009, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by misfiturs4
Just found out my 93 is a 92 spec. Kinda makes me feel a little better about all the money I have been dumping into it. Word of advice to anybody looking to buy a urs, don't get one that has been parked for a long amount of time. Not driving them often is bad for their health. Anyways, this site, and all of you out there who help out and ask questions and so on, have been a big help. Thanks, lets keep em rolling.
My '93 (late specs) had been sitting at least one year if not 2 when I bought it. Except for the brakes which were jammed all around (took 3 times for the towing guy to be able of unblocking the rear brakes by letting the car go with the towing bed lifted at max. It's the friction material that stuck on the disk and separated from the metal part of the brake pad) I didn't see major problems coming from the time, most of the problems are from the previous badly repaired accidents and the lack of maintenance.

What are the problems you encountered with your car and that you think it's due to the car having been left for a long time?
Old 06-24-2009, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by MacWorld

What are the problems you encountered with your car and that you think it's due to the car having been left for a long time?
Maintenance items have come up for replacement before the recommended mileage. Which ones? pretty much all of them.
Old 06-27-2009, 10:54 PM
AudiWorld Member

Man you guessed Ursboy. The car is from Canada. How did you know? A good friend of mine got the car from his boss. They work for Newman, Hoss, Laggamen racing team. So it was ouned by some rich car guys. It had problems then it sat outside about six months. I bought it from my friend. Put new tires and all new rear brakes on it. Got it on the road then it sprang a low pressure side P/s leak. Fixed that, then had to do the rear wheel bearings. Right after they were fixed the front wheel bearings started to go. Got them replaced and here I am now. I still have issues with a batt. drain. Pullled A1 relay and seemed to work for a bit but the car was dead again the other morning. I dont get it. The ac is out and now realize its r12. Now gotta figure out what to do there. Also, there just seems to be some odd electrical gremlins from time to time.
So it has been an adventure to own. I love it but it makes me want to pull my hair out sometimes. Its still in very good shape. Only 90,000 on it now, but its rareness and age comes at a cost i guess. I am going to keep it though. Keep fixing it up and maybe someday start modding it.