Audi Original "S" Cars Discussion forum for the Audi Audi Ur S4, Ur S6, S2 & RS2

Went to have a look at an S4 today

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2009, 07:10 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Went to have a look at an S4 today

I went to have a gander at a 94/S4 today. It was black on black leather, looked somewhat ok at first, paint looked very well taken care of from my first glance, i would only assume it was repainted at somepoint because it seemed too fresh, inside the black leather seats were spectacular looking with very little wear on the usual places. The owner indicated that he had just done the heads within the last 6 months and the timing belt job was done also within the yr or so, he indicated that he had also just replaced the starter due to his son re-wiring the battery the wrong way after installing an in-dash aftermarket pop-out DVD/CD/GPS/, apparently there was a bad ground and the battery caused it to short out go KAPUT, underneath was fairly good looking, i didnt see any sign's of major rust to my suprise, but ... i looked more closely underneath and saw a scary site. I couldnt seem to figure out what i was looking at when i squinted my eyes and saw what looked to be a pair of 2 frame rail looking metal pieces and just in below the front DIFF or perhaps the bottom of the tranny. They were both completely/broken/slashed, now being that they were solid metal it almost looked as if they were cut with a welding torch or something to that extent, basically looked like something had torn them from the bottom, maybe going over a curt at 50k/hr, who know. Whatever they were they looked like they would be catching on anything over 4 inches above the cement in his driveway, especially the curb.
Does anyone know what these 2 pieces or attachments would be, like i said they seemed to be just near the front DIFF or located near the lower part of the front exhaust? The owner said the car was originally from Saskatchewan/Canada, he being the 2nd owner. Car is now located in Kelowna B.C. as am i. Any idea's for me or knowledge to spread around, here is the link on a local for sale add site.

http://classifieds.castanet.net/show.../457488/cat/31
Old 06-15-2009, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Don't worry too much about those wear channels. They are made of aluminum (or something non-steel) and are there to protect the cats when you go over speed bumps too fast. They do wear (mostly at the front). There is a replacement PN (but I do not know if they are still available).

I am in Vancouver (we have a "club" of about 20 members). I am not sure about that car's history. Is the front S4 badge poorly hand painted?
Old 06-15-2009, 08:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Poorly painted S4 badge

Originally Posted by UrS4boy
Don't worry too much about those wear channels. They are made of aluminum (or something non-steel) and are there to protect the cats when you go over speed bumps too fast. They do wear (mostly at the front). There is a replacement PN (but I do not know if they are still available).

I am in Vancouver (we have a "club" of about 20 members). I am not sure about that car's history. Is the front S4 badge poorly hand painted?
Hmmmm, i do believe it was a bit faded though so yes maybe it was painted at some point, if i remember correctly the red insignia portion was faded/flaking, the car just looked a bit fishy when i was looking at it. The owner had an 98-01 A8 in the garage with a Subaru Legacy GT next to it. He also said he just bought an 03 RS6 which he lent to his brother in Edmonton. He also bragged about buying his son an STI at some point. Felt a bit shady when he came to answer the door of his large house over looking Kelowna. Later on as my GF and i were driving away she noted to me that there was stitching on the right sleeve of his black golf shirt which read : "SUBCITY DONAIR" I chuckled and we went home.

So u are part of an AUDI club in the Vancouver area u say ? I was looking at an S6 just north of Squamish a while back, Pearl white/black leather 95, slightly lowered on Eiback springs, stock other wise, his name is Brad, car had a smidgen of rust on it too. Driver's seat heater coil is non-functional also. Do u know the car ? Higher than usual k's also, i think 265 on the Odometer. It just went back up on Craigslist.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Check your private messages email box.
Old 06-15-2009, 08:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

thats so expensive! i paid 2800 for my 93 in calgary a couple months ago.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Did and mailed u back

Check your private messages email box.
I did and i emailed u back at your request. Feel free to mail me back and lets have a chat.
Old 06-15-2009, 10:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Yes it is

Originally Posted by mk4jetta
thats so expensive! i paid 2800 for my 93 in calgary a couple months ago.
Its not in bad condition but not certainly worth $8900 in any situation. Just my opinion though, im sure some may disagree.
Old 06-16-2009, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Yeah that is a little high all right, although the mileage is nice (if it's correct). I paid $8500 for my 97 S6 just a few months ago, but it was immaculate. I would question why the head was done if the mileage is that low? I would think he probably broke the timing belt because he didn't follow proper maintenance schedules.....something to find out. How many owners? Do you have access to the maintenance history? That's the only reason I paid so much for mine....I had a full maintenance history printout from the day it rolled off the showroom floor.....Same dealer sold and serviced it's entire life.
If a lot of those things can be verified it always makes it worth more, but it doesn't sound like that will be the case. If the battery has been wired up backwards at some point, I would be concerned about other electrical issues that may arise........
Old 06-16-2009, 11:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Ditto. (YGM)
Old 06-16-2009, 06:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default Check ur mail again

Ditto. (YGM)
Hey Dave check your email again.

Quick Reply: Went to have a look at an S4 today