05-27-2004, 06:48 PM
BMW's chairman is finally admitting what we've all known for years; the 745 is a dog.
Which of course is great news for Audifans. The A8L is winning all kinds of awards.
Hit close to home recently, when our company president, a 740 owner, swore he wouldn't get close to a 745 but praised the A8L.
Between the 7-series flop and the Ford-styled new Jaguar XJ, Audi sales should skyrocket this year.<ul><li><a href="http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=2968">http://www.autospies.com/article/index.asp?articleId=2968</a</li></ul>
05-27-2004, 07:17 PM
Western Washington. . . as you will see, I don't "get out much." I just spent the last 3 days driving to downtown Seattle and parking in a garage under one of those big office buildings ( suspect about 80% of the tenants are lawyers). Besides seeing my very first A8L "on the road," I noted that a high % of cars parked in this garage were Audis (primarily A6's (didn't see a RS6). Also noted many Beamers; fewer then Audi however. Didn't see any Audi's that were dirty or unkempt in appearance, but a number of Beamers that fit this description. As a result, my impression was that Beamers that were present were owned by the "want to be lawyers" and the Audi's owned by the "corporate big boy lawyers. At least in Seattle, Audi based on this scientific study' RULE. Since I am not one of those and own an Audi, I must work hard at remaining stealth.
05-27-2004, 07:29 PM
clean those wheels again!!
05-27-2004, 07:36 PM
to buying back in 2000 but their interiors completely turn me off. When I saw the new design, I kinda liked it, especially in silver(what a surprise). The interior still left me cold and add the dreaded I-drive to it and my choice was clear!
05-27-2004, 07:39 PM
appearance. I concluded it just wasn't the car an Audi is.
05-27-2004, 07:41 PM
beautiful wheels is to hand rub them using a block of American CHEEZE. :)
Thinking about it, the Beamer owners could have been the clients of the lawyers!
Saw one car parked at the very end of a row of cars. . . there were no lights near by. . . what drew my attention was the owner had placed a bunch of sheets over the car. . . in peeking under one of the sheets. . . I discovered it was one of those new 7's. :)
05-28-2004, 04:29 AM
the current designs are not futuristic, but just plain wrong. The cars still drive exceptionally well, but you always pause at the shape and at what appears to be a lack of harmony in the parts that compose the interior. 25% of adults will still prefer push button control to integrated jog-switches, but the i-drive will still befuddle most of the remaining 75%.
At the Toronto International Autoshow, my wife , who is NOT a technocrat, said the rear of the 7-series looks like a "rush-job at 3.45 pm on Friday". As a gastroenterologist, the 'hump in the rear' has always scared me!
05-28-2004, 05:25 AM
article and thinking about their resale/TI values.