09-22-2002, 10:46 AM
I've been carping on this issue for a year... Electric seats weigh too much, cost too much, and eliminate precious headroom for us tall guys... look at all the seating options the M3 has: full leather, power, even WIDTH ADJUSTMENT as a stand-alone option!
Yeah, I've heard it before... blahblahblah... 45 thousand dollar car with MANUAL SEATS STANDARD?!?! Never gonna happen... blahblah.... Just make it a 44 thosand dollar car & charge a grand for seats, it's the same thing!!
Agreeing generally with a post below, Audi needs to take a page out of the other German manufacturers' books, & start offering a more comprehensive options list. I drove a MB C230 coupe last week, the options are amazingly deep... They even have a staggered 225/45, 245/40 AMG wheel package available... thirteen exterior colors...
C'mon, AOA, pull it together, I would say Audi customers even more so than both MB & BMW prize their cars individuality... start giving us some factory engineered & offered options that keep that feeling strong!
09-22-2002, 10:59 AM
AoA has brought us a few things but they have a long ways to go. Keep the Recaros in the car and give us an extensive option list.
09-22-2002, 12:56 PM
Manual seats better not be standard, I much rather prefer electric seats, I like the luxury,
in luxury sports sedan!!!
But, there is nothing wrong with Audi, with making manual seats an option, for those who want it.
Audi should really give the customer way more options, the Europeans get it, they demand it, I think us US Customers should stop settling for so few options, we should start demanding the same treatment as our European counterparts. Option customization is integral part of making a great car. And Audi offers the U.S. Customer far to few options on their cars.
09-22-2002, 01:11 PM
Ok, here is my updated luxury list hopefully with the new S4 will arrive. Or atleast we can get as options!!!! Audi, are you listening, I'll pay for options just give me the chance!!! My generation has grown up with gizmo's and gadgets, sorry, Xenon lights just don't seem that novel to me, we need more. We want more, we are younger, and we are making more money, please give us the option to spend it. Note that this list is not in any particular order, AoA if your listening, all these things are equally important to me.
Alot, of this is repeat, the first few posts were performance numbers, I was hoping the new S4 will have, perhaps, they lied to us, about the
5.6 0-60, and as I stated the new S4 should be faster than the M3, after 30MPH.
1) 0-60, 4.8 sec (5.6 is not at all impressive, round up it's 6.0, not befitting the luxury sports sedan now, the old BMW E36 from 1994 is faster, an old S4 is just as fast, chipped is faster, so where is the upgrade, sure after 100mph or so new S4 should win, but at that point I'm usually hitting the breaks to avoid that state trooper, E46 M3 and MB C32 are a full second faster, .5 I could understand, 1 sec is unexceptable)
2) 370HP, 340 lb/ft (well this upgrade in hp and torque should take care of (1)), the E46 M3 and C32 AMG Benz are 2 years old, and respectively come with 333(343Euro) and 352HP respectively. Audi has had 2 years to know what they are up against and compensate, 344 completely unexceptable)
3) Flarered Fenders, Wider Body (This will make the new S4 stand out more and it still won't be gaudy)
4) Paint that stupid panel runner ( Who the hell, was getting ultra cheap, and not willing to paint the door runners to save a few extra dollars. I'm sure so idiot at the top said hey we've got to make the car a little cheaper what can we do, so the designers said ok, we'll not paint the runners that will save X amount of $$$'s. Um ... it looks really tacky and classless, and unacceptable what part of My generation is willing to pay for quality isn't understood.)
5) Air suspension (many think this would be a bit much, for a $50K car, I think not, the all road has it, and it's time to come up with some new selling points. Every Audi model should have this as an option at least. Quattro was something, and has been for 20 years, but 4 wheel drive is no longer novel, sorry Audi, time to give us something new) Sure, this might decrease performance, but I like seeing a car lower itself and then rocket off!
6) Led Side Markers, Brake Lights, and Tail Lights. I started noticing that some luxury cars side markers, brake lights, and so on, would come on rather quickly and intensely. These lights had a much more electronic demeanor about them. Well, I finally discovered it was LED lights that caused this phenomenon. The New A8 has them, hopefully, Audi will put them in the New S4 when it arrives, personally I think this is a feature all Audi's should have, it will give Audi cars a unique look across the board, and it's not an expensive feature to add.
7) The RS6 Tail Pipes (Hey they look cool, can I get some)
8) The RS6 Rear Bumper (Once again it looks cool, can I get some too)
9) LCD Navigation for U.S. ( My god man the whole universe has it, I mean I can get his feature in $25K Nissan Altmia, Honda Accord, etc ... , lawsuits be damned, this is sounding more like an excuse than a reason. European consumers know more about the cars they purchase, and expect more. A luxo car without LCD Nav (never, as I stated if Honda's have them in Euro). I'll no longer pay 1500+ for some damn arrows, us U.S. consumers need to command more, respect)
10) MMI Technology (This should atleast be an option on every new Audi starting with the A8 and beyond including this new S4, BMW is making I-Drive standard on every car, all I'm asking for is atleast the option, I'd love to talk commands to my car, this is the wave of the future, this is what leading would be about, I give MB there props because in luxo option that they have you can't get on there lower models if your willing to pay for it, Audi doesn't give us that option)
11) A8 proximity key/fingerprint system (This should be atleast an option, it's time Audi got novel, sure they straight lifted this from MB who's been doing this sort of thing for several years, but my generation love's gadget's and once again this will make Audi stand out, bragging about Xenon lights is so 10 years ago, Altima's have them)
12) Rain Sensing Winshield Wipers (The jetta has them as an option, why can't I?)
13) Light Sensing Headlights (Once again, it's minor yet novel, I like seeing those lights automatically come on when going in a dark tunnel or as the sun sets, can we atleast get the option)
14) That's right Sirius Radio, I know Audi has a contract with them, XM is cheaper but, Audi chose them, don't know why. But, I heard the service is stupendous, among loving cars, I love music, the best of both worlds ... commercial free music (pseudo) even better. Anything to take me away from the monotony of unimaginative, generic, homogenous, tunes that is the radio today. RIAA don't blame napster, don't blame the economy, your music sucks now a days that's no one buys CD's anymore.
Back to Audi they can build Sirius Radio into the price of the car, $100-$150 for sirius capable reciever, in fact, do one better, and make it removable. The subscription I believe is 12.95 a month, XM is $9.95, that's less then $150 a year for a Sirius radio subscription. Plus u know, that Audi, has to have a special contract with them, I'm sure they could get the service for $100 a year.
Sirius would love for Audi to make there service available to potential customers. I say Audi offer this option, for $500-600, for Sirius Radio + 4 year subscription. I'm telling you, this would be it.
Ok, Audi are you taking notes on how to "never follow, always lead"?