10-07-2001, 11:33 AM
My 1986 5000 CS's cooling fan fried and took a few wires with it. After (AND before) replacing the motor and the melted wires, the headlights will not turn off unless you disconnect the battery cable. Any help would be much appreciated!
10-09-2001, 07:42 PM
"My 1986 5000 CS's cooling fan fried and took a few wires with it. After (AND before) replacing..."
If it was happening before you had the fan motor die, did you happen to try higher wattage bulbs in your headlights? If you did, then my money is on the switch contacts overheating and fusing/welding themselves together. Instant Daytime Running lights whether you like it or not. Replace the switch package if this is the case.