View Full Version : Reasons for silence and Audi Steps up to the plate.
03-10-2005, 07:56 AM
Let's not talk about history for the moment.
I wrote one of my letters to Joahn de Nysschen and coppied it to the head of US Audi Sales. Indicating my loyalto to the brand (VW too) and history of repair with LULU. My conserned was based on this car being a long term 150K mile car. After two weeks of very freindly conversations. AoA customerservice stepped up to the plate In a ways I believe is acceptable.
Keep in mind brother -roaders LULU is 53K miles and 22 months old.
Full AoA new car warranty extension (not maintanance) to the end of the lease period (18 months or 100K miles.) No deductable will apply, Loaners, roadside as per a new car, etc.
(I can void my AWB warranty and get a 63% refund)
Work out a trade with LULU and get into another Audi of choice.. make the best deal, take advantage of any other offers and AoA will ponny up another $3000.00 off the negotiated price.
I don't know what I'd get for LULU from a dealer. But the buyout on the lease is about $32,500
03-10-2005, 08:11 AM
I'd go for option 2, relieve yourself of any allroad related problems and jump into a sweet 2004 2.7s or maybe S4 avant - with the original fully documented no questions about it maintenance and warantee coverage. Sure you have to eat your original AWE coverage, but at least you're getting the $3k.
03-10-2005, 08:16 AM
I'd like an S4 avant... so I may do som shopping.
03-10-2005, 08:22 AM
03-10-2005, 08:22 AM
03-10-2005, 08:23 AM
03-10-2005, 08:27 AM
03-10-2005, 08:30 AM
ygm in case you want to call to talk to them about it.
Anyway, if you don't NEED the adjustable suspension or the room in the ar, I would do an S4 avant in a heartbeat.
good luck with your search.
03-10-2005, 08:42 AM
03-10-2005, 09:05 AM
03-10-2005, 09:26 AM
What do you think a dealer would give him for LULU 27-28K ? Having 32k left is tough. I go for option 1
03-10-2005, 09:28 AM
The damge is actually $33050.00 We all know they don't negotiate. But does anyone know if the dealers have any leverage?
03-10-2005, 10:43 AM
I have never leased a vehicle but was wondering can you trade one in before the lease is up? Is the transaction the same as if you bought a car and trade it in before the loan is paid? You can walk away with some $$ if you paid down the lease or put a good chunk down when you started the lease? I figure you have to come up with the delta if you are upside down..
03-10-2005, 11:02 AM
You have an agreement to make x payments and return the car or buy it for xx value.
When you turn in early or trade.. you still owe all those payments and the value figure. That is where I'm at.
I my residual value is 24,500, my total payments are $535.00 x 18 ad to this the this totals $34,130.00 they deduct about $1000.00 for interest rebates and add the early lease termination fee. By the time I'm done its about $33000.00+ (not looking good for a new one)
03-10-2005, 11:24 AM
I would shop a little and since you have a great relationship with your dealer see what they can do for the car of your choice. The $3K helps, but with the lease issue its still going to hurt and you will be upside down.
If nothing made economic sense I would take the 1st option. Thats pretty good of AoA. You know the car at least and its only 18 more months. Maybe even throw it on swapalease or something rather than trade it and see if you can get rid of it that way. Tons of people would jump on an ar at a decent payment with no money down.
So...If it were me I would always be tempted for the new ride, but if I was happy with my ar I would let my sensible side say stick with it. Then I would do a Direct Port program and have some fun again:)
03-10-2005, 11:36 AM
So if someone walked up and offered you 33k cash could you sell the car ?
03-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Take the forges out of their box..
weld up my own Skid-DTS.. (I have lots of welding stuff at work)
Get the K75 out of the glove compartment...
Buy the 2nd pair of Falkens I need for the front and have been delaying..
Oh... the blood is boiling again... I'm thinking...
The worse has already happened and the new turbos only have 10K miles on them.
The leaks have been tended to.. the seals are fine. the brakes are at 50%.. I can talk myself into anything. No way I'll get anything for 535.00 a month.
Who know what it will be worth at lease end.. I'll continue with the plan...
03-10-2005, 11:41 AM
Paul I saw your S4 posting. I have tried to convince myself that the S4 avant is do-able, but the space is really tight. I think what you really want is an S6. It is still possible to locate a low mileage S6 in good shape and get the space you probably need. True its a tip -- but its a better tip and some 03's came with paddles. Worth looking for.
03-10-2005, 11:42 AM
03-10-2005, 11:44 AM
If they say yes.. then my upsidedown-ness may be absorbed a bit... with an 02.. but I doubt it.
03-10-2005, 01:33 PM
...I talked my dealer down to invoice on the '04 I have...they really nailed this car...not a SINGLE problem since I got it a year ago (Hugely different experience than my '01).
03-10-2005, 01:42 PM
you said business was bad why deal with it get out get something reliable so you can go sell something. Via audi option 2 is only way to go. kind of a do over but it depends on how much more per month.
I am in the same boat but have not contacted AOA yet, I probably will bail and take the hit
03-10-2005, 02:03 PM
New is always nicer.
And you'll start off with the full 4 years/50K miles warranty and service again.
03-10-2005, 02:08 PM
allroads they want at auction..less miles same year for $12-17K...OH well... 50K miles of full AoA warranty is not too bad..when you think of it.
03-10-2005, 03:22 PM
I would rather go with option 1, now you know what you got but you don't know what you'll get yourself into. And extended coverage throughout the 100k miles?
You would get around 23k trade in value with 53K miles, with 150K miles down the road it should be about 14-15K.
Because you have your own business the Lease is partially a tax write-off, correct?
If that was me I'd keep LULU and take option 1, and if the lease is over then re-consider my options. By then Alex might need a bigger (Family) mover anyway ;-)
And by now everything that can be replaced on LULU has been replaced.
Good Luck with what ever you'll decide.
03-10-2005, 05:07 PM
Thats what I would do! Then we can compare.
But if you do decide to trade I will take first dibs on your H-Sports if you don't get another allroad:)
03-11-2005, 05:34 AM
This is classic stealership talk. Everyone wants one when you are a buyer, and there is oversupply when you are a seller. Have the dealer show you some auction records for allroads. Last year's prices were holding pretty well in the high 20's and low 30's for cars like yours. I think 12-17 is a lie. Keep the stealer honest; Get him to show you the sales.
03-11-2005, 06:30 AM
There are a few dealers in my area selling my year and a manual, with less than 35K miles. And they are selling for $30,000 so its not in the cars.
I'll continue with my original plan and that is to buy the car at lease end and keep it until it dies out.