12-24-2006, 09:08 AM
12-24-2006, 09:08 AM
12-24-2006, 09:22 AM
painted lowers, TIPTRONIC conversion, rebuilt tranny, tranny code 0001, K&N air filter, cross drilled and slotted rotors ceramic pads, braided SS brake lines, euro clear corners, SS exhaust tips, Eibach springs, Bilstein shocks,fridge upgrade,ipaq mp3/nav runs through my head unit via blitz safe adapter
12-24-2006, 09:52 AM
Bilstein and Eibach suspension, Ceramic brake pads, ATE super blue brake fluid, K&N Drop in Air filter, Denso Iridium spark plugs, 18" BBS CH.
The Bil/Eib combo is comparable to the S8 Suspension. Very enjoyable. The K&N doesnt really make a noticable difference IMHO. The denso sparks, give you an increase in mpg with the pairing of the K&N and fairly fresh synthetic fluids.
12-24-2006, 10:49 AM
lowered /lower spots in grill/sport muffler/red interior lighting/red indicators at rear[we have amber as stock]/17inch after market wheels/in car pc\video\phone all in one mod
Under consideration- pearlise the leather[gives a richer look]
12-24-2006, 04:21 PM
what about turbo can a8 take a turbo and what kind
12-24-2006, 08:21 PM
Mods that are done...
1. Porsche 4 Pot calipers, ECS aluminum hat rotors. The stock brakes are not worthy of such a fine car
2. A6 4.2 sport front springs.
3. Koni FSD shocks with elongated mounting points so the A6 shock and spring combo will deliver an A8 factory ride height.
4. Recode transmission
5. NKG 4 electrode spark plugs.
Mods that are planned
1. Add rigid foam to all chassis hollows... got to wait until the temperature is above 70 degrees for proper curing.
2. Install LED tail and turn lapms...
3. Replace radio with RNS-E navigation system.
12-25-2006, 04:02 PM
Audi A8, 2000 post August build. 20" RS4 rims 9 spoke with Michelin Pilots, K&N filter, chip-changed via Audi and then via Dyno-tune specialist in sydney to get 151KW (prior was 137) at the wheels in 3rd gear, at 175kph (approx 110mph), Custom stainless steel extractors, special cats (will get name later) and stainless steel single inlet dual exit muffler.
Desperately looking for ANYBODY who has either turbo-charged a 4.2L 40 valve engine or supercharged it...really desperate. Will post pics soon. How do I post pics?
12-26-2006, 08:51 AM
I have a simple, no mods A8.. :-/
it runs fine, accelerates great, smells god awful sometimes like garbage from the vents, gets about 19 mpg on Ultra premium....i love it.