View Full Version : Photography Discussion
- Waterproof bag BT
- Had to post this here....
- a few from vietnam trip
- A quick performance comparison of card/card reader performance... (ExpressCard34)
- Nothing overly artistic, or recent, but I love this shot, because of the content..
- New idea... Post what you see out of your back window!
- H/S: $350 shipped for mint 17-85?
- This forum is going downhill
- What do old guys photograph at a Samba Festival?
- what do people take pictures of first with their brand new camera? *noob warning*
- More feathers! (warning: samba costume content...)
- if one doesn't have Photoshop, which program to trust to render the real picture? *edited*
- First day of real shooting:
- snapped this at the Belmont yesterday....
- Curious where your photos or the photos you're going to buy are showing up online?
- those of you that do weddings and portraits... what are you using for client previews / ordering?
- some white feathers
- Bird story!!!!!
- so the 28-135 lens that comes with the 40D kit.. is it good? I need a good lens for pee-wee football
- I love a stormy night
- i don't get it... what's the point of the Rebel XS?
- gallery #2:
- Dammit... Had a quick shot here at my day job, portrait type shot of a group..
- Is it possible to create borders in Lightroom?
- White feathers against the evening sun
- Dirty Dag
- Gallery #3:
- Need a 40D/28-135 or XSi/18-55IS kit?
- Remember I pointed out that image search engine? I interviewed the CEO
- Formula Un :: Montreal
- Thoughts on creating an AWPhoto FAQ?
- RRS B-Series flash bracket - amazing!
- New lens: Super-Takumar 135mm f/3.5
- how do you get this type of finish?
- Anyone shoot with the Canon 100-400L?
- Moving picture question: Anybody here film with an HV20 or HV30? I'm working through some settings
- Flood photography from Iowa
- Cheapo 8x6 graphics tablet today for $32 on woot.com
- a few of the gf from yesterday ..
- Anyone selling an SLR?
- Automobiles without feathers
- Ok. Made the leap from 'point and shoot' to a full featured DSLR...
- Tripod/light stands...
- 3 bums, a bird, a skateboard trick and a world record.
- A few shots from the Rockstar in Squamish this weekend.
- Firefox 3.0 Final is out
- got the new Gitzo GT3540LS today - pretty impressed
- I've always been a Fotki user but i'm thinking of swapping to smugmug. Any experiences of both?
- I took a little road trip last week. Snapshots inside.
- Flood photography from Iowa mk 2
- Color vibrancy issue with new DSLR camera (Canon XSi)
- Is there a way to determine from Exif data if IS was on or off?
- My first "product" shots - c&c welcome
- vietnam gallery
- What focus and metering modes do you typically use?
- I feel like my mountain pictures continue to lack something for whatever reason. I just can't seem
- Does anyone have any experience with in camera focus calibration the the Nikon 3 series?
- Spot metering sunset- XSi
- manfrotto 3021 with bogen 3047 head for 125 a good deal?
- recent shots
- took a few of the 'kids' this weekend
- Vacation Camera Choice BT:
- Is there a good SMALL bag for an XSi, a 70-200mm f/4L + kit lens + 50mm?
- Autoweek article
- Got my new D300 but I suspect I may have a dead pixel...
- Too many fires in California...
- Flower picture.. comments/critics welcome...
- Adjust your monitor/Video card settings.
- Rode up to Mt. St. Helens!
- Ogunquit, Maine.....not JUST for same sex dating!
- posing (feathers)
- Review: Sweet laptop + slr camera combo bag. lowepro compuday pack. with pics.
- Nikon D700
- Digital P&S photography books: any recs?
- too many stars tonight....
- Sandisk CF sale at Calumet
- Happy Canada Day!
- Lens filters for Canon XSi?
- Bag for a D40 w/ 55-200 Lens?
- Just installed Aperature 2. Now the fun begins.
- Can anyone recommend a good photog magazine? TIA
- I posted a while back looking for online proofing / ordering solutions...
- Some Recent Stuff
- Just ordered 10-22...hope it's as great as everyone says. Wanted tokina 11-16, but o well.
- Two Butterfly's...C&C Welcome
- Pics from a boat cruise in Toronto
- A silhouette picture from last evening...
- time to sell the d70s body, where should i list it?
- which lens for fireworks: 18-70 or 50 1.8?
- Three shots from around town..
- New to dSLR..input please...
- ThinkTank Hydrophobia
- No thats not a miniature Bunny sitting on a dog
- obligatory fireworks shots
- More 4th of July Photos.
- been a while... some 4th shots...
- Price on Canon lens in Shanghai MUCH more than USA
- straight from the cam (sophia ritratto)
- another flower picture,
- A slightly different approach to fireworks photos. I didn't have my tripod, so I had to shoot....
- so is the 28-135 IS kit lens garbage or am I just a noob.
- A few shots from recent trip to Peru
- 135 mm
- Flickr Users: How Every Flickr Photo Ended Up on Sale This Weekend
- DSLR noob: Okay, so ow can I improve on these shots of the moon?
- Thinking about getting a consumer DSLR kit ... looking at the Sony Alpha A200 setup. Thoughts?
- Printed Photo Albums
- LOL! Canon repair quote!
- Currently posting at the base of Devil's Tower, pictures to follow shortly
- Going to ALMS @ Limerock this weekend with my G9...can you guys give me any tips?
- P&S for < $200.
- Bag packed and ready to go
- Sunset at Lake Winnipesaukee on the 4th
- Carbon fiber gimbal head?
- I borrowed a Canon 85mm f/1.2L Mark II. crap.
- Wedding sunset
- Strange picture after download from camera...
- Back / Front Focusing?
- Oh Canada
- I'm looking to take some photos and am new to this... Nikon D40 = good?
- Pics from last week's trip to Portland (re-AWOT)
- New to iMac at home, how do you guys structure your photo collection ?
- Some rally photos and some randoms
- bee on flower, C+C pl0z!
- B&H Sunday afternoon. More toys and wanting more......
- A few (feathered) test shots from the new lens over the weekend
- Need some help with motorsports photography...
- 35mm SLR, who still shoots w/ one and why should i keep mine?
- LOL, Hassy comes out with a 50MP (Kodak sensor)...
- 300/2.8L IS first light
- How can I remove dust inside a lens (can I?)
- Site recommendation for learning to us a SLR camera
- Best setting for low light with a zoom lens?
- Some pics from the lake cabin
- For those interested: a couple of test shots with the 300/2.8L + 1.4x TC
- R.I.P. Morgan :-(
- dSLR noob here. Just wondering where you purchase your equipment.
- Light Box for viewing transparencies?
- whats everyone using for display calibration? (if any .. )
- My 4 year old Minolta Maxum 7D is dead. In short, whats the 'hot" body right now under $900ish
- HD video BT:
- a few from practice, yesterday morning, ....
- A couple IR conversions I've finished
- My son, Fourth of July:
- smugmug still down <irked>
- One recent photo I took after a vacation in Oregon...
- Lowepro vs Tamrac
- Just found out that my cousin across the pond in australia is really into photography.
- Question about naming/hosting photos...
- Found this new Canon camera phone at Fredmiranda forum
- More Wisconsin lake pics
- My first HDR. I took this shot after reading a few tutorials but BEFORE I learned what AEB is..
- 25 free stock photo websites
- Tripod and circular polarizer advice, please?
- So I got to play with panning a bit at Waterfest, on the drag strip... And the AutoX..
- been researching my first lens purchase. In the couple of months shooting with the 28-135 40D kit
- Haven't posted in a while, but I have been busy!!
- Recommended free photo sharing sites?
- Hello from Saskatoon....
- My first bird of prey!
- Anyone know how to reset or clear meta data tags for a folder full of pictures?
- some of my best friends just had their first baby
- Anyone near Salisbury MD?
- Random collection of nature photos from Helsinki area
- Photos from the US Olympic Swim Team camp at Stanford.
- Can't seem to get this looking the way I pictured...Opinions?
- Few from the Vineyard
- Batch conversion of photos to 1920 x 1080....
- a bird
- FYI: Amazon's post-mortem on the S3 failure last Sunday (or why your smugmug site went down)
- kid pics...
- Well that was unexpected... Lightroom 2.0 is now available
- Canon 40D Owners Check in --- Picture Style Settings
- Good price on Canon 430EX?
- Lightroom - colours washed out using export to jpeg
- What's the going rate for used 30D bodies in excellent condition these days?
- My first HDR shots. I no longer want to shoot single images since I've found this.
- Anyone ever send their camera in for calibration?
- Vinage camera people
- took my camera to the Cubs game for the first time... (lots o pics)
- Need help selecting... Pick your fav
- thoughts on the Nikon 80-200 f/2.8D ED lens
- What are the current recommendations for a nice LCD display (20-24")? Eizo, Lacie, etc. TIA.
- I got my Sigma 30mm back today
- what is a .xmp file? and why are they showing up in my pictures?
- Spent 2 weeks in Rome, Mykonos, Santorini, Istanbul, Ephesus, Athens, Naples, Pompeii. . .(BWW)
- To any freelancers out there...
- Returned this week from 10 Days in NY...4 of those days spent in Wildwood, NJ.
- well, it's happened. i've been ripped off, used w/o permission, credit, or compensation, ...
- It's so quiet... how about a game of
- Some photos from my motorcycle ride today
- New camera.
- Paging Kris Hansen
- Some more from the swamp - this time with a mammal!
- RRS BH-55: is this overkill for a super-duper novice?
- 500mm f/6.3 Mirror Lens
- First strobist shot
- Which way to jump
- Olympus/Pany Micro Four/Thirds
- Borders versus Borderless..... discuss
- First HDRs...need some help
- Anyone have a 10-22 I can borrow?
- Anybody have issues with ACR vanishing from Adobe Bridge (CS3)?
- In Beijing shooting the Olympics. Walked over to see some friends from SI at the media center today
- Wimberley Sidekick and heavy lenses - almost learned the hard way :)
- Sigma 30mm real photos, no charts
- Opening Ceremonies in 1:05 minutes at the Olympics. Should be pretty wild. Not raining now!
- Looking into a large format printer. Is anyone fimilar with the epson stylus pro 3800 and
- Anybody have a good source for pre-cut mats for 8x12 prints?
- Anybody interested in a barely used Canon 10-22?
- MichaelTM...how was Forsythe?
- External flash batteries....
- Stowe VT car show
- Has anyone taken an online class at BetterPhoto.com? They seem a little expensive. Any opinions?
- suggestions for unique sunflower pics?
- any nikon flash experts?
- color check?
- Little Demetri - 5.5 Months Old.... Tell me what you think...
- Bored...So I'll post another....Waterfall In Pennsylvania
- Anyone on Dgrin
- Real vs not real
- weird colors with circular polarizer shooting through a plane window
- What camera/lens do I need to get these shots with the subject in focus and blurred background?
- Halp! Need advice on Nikon lens and/or technique
- some samples from vacation in Provence
- Press riser for Swimming
- Canon Rebel XSi kit + 350mm zoom $1,057 ....or.... Sony a350 body $699.......
- question re: Markins & RRS
- Combining video and high resolution images
- i got a gig to do interior shots...what do i charge?
- A few from today... the Tour of Utah ~ stage 2
- Quarter Million Dollars of Digital Photo Gear in a Single Photo
- why do my JPGs look different in my browser(s) than they do in Vista Preview or LR2 ?
- Nikon BT: D80 vs. D200?
- Rebel XSi 12.2 SLR for $750 w/ 18-55, starter kit, 4gb, printer...
- A couple of mother&child portraits
- These images from the 100m Fly race last night are cool...
- help, non SLR options?... wanting to upgrade from my P&S, but
- Moon photo attempt #2...
- what is it called when you take - pictures with not enough light
- HELP!!!! i need a new web server...
- Canadian National Exhibition...
- My 50mm @ 1.7
- Got a nice shot of the car with some lightning last night
- Before the mens 100m final
- need help in picking next lens - and i have read way too much about it