View Full Version : Photography Discussion
- What's a good website tutorial on "real" photography?
- I have a powershot S200 and all my pictures look "grainy" in low light. Is that normal or can I fix
- anyone selling xti kit lens? im in the nyc area
- Canon xti accessories: Need gift ideas for my cousin's wife that is under $30
- sooo I pulled the trigger. 28-135+225$ for the 17-40L f/4
- anybody know where to buy 8 ply mat board? I cant find it local
- Nice Pics from SF Air Show
- We'll call this one an impulse buy.
- How to protect camera from dust? Is the lens cap enough or shoud it stay in the bag always?
- What software do you use? I want to keep it as simple as possible.
- How do I increment the auto numbering on file names?
- Pic taken at 926mm, sun not even already all up, no tripod. Simply amazing.
- This guy does some serious post processing.
- Sample contracts?
- Some More Bald Eagle Pictures
- In case you missed it: Pentax $100 rebate
- Heading out for NY in the morning...
- Found this on a shoot.
- Xmas came early
- I am interested in buying some gloves for winter shooting, but I want them to be very tactile
- <giddy> looks like the 10-22 will be in my stocking this christmas!
- What to look for in a tripod?
- Anyone have experience with refurbished Nikon products?
- Laptop BT: If you had to be on the road for 2 months and needed to post-process...
- Does anyone have a tripod rec?
- My favorite new subject says...
- Those lookin for the 17-40 f/4L pics... heres a few
- canon 300mm 5.6 non usm - great bang for buck lens - but has its limitations
- Micheal Jordan anyone??
- impulse buy: ProStrap wrist strap
- 3 weeks, 8 countries, sun, snow, day, night and 2,500 shots later and I'm in love with my D40x.
- 40D for $1150, very tempting, bad time of year
- New to the world of Digital SLR. I just picked up a hand me down Rebel XT...
- Central making circles. Merry(early) Xmas early to you all
- Do the 5D or 1D series bodies have viewfinders that actually make manual focus possible?
- Cheap DSLR...
- best printing I can get locally, on a sunday? Target, Wal-Mart, Ritz, etc?
- Merry xmas from Chip..... the dog
- I know the camera of choice here is a SLR but if you own a digital point and shoot...
- Stock Photography
- Holidays, family, camera, meals, boredom between meals and a birdfeeder = fun with nature
- Happy Christmas Everybody!
- D40x kit in stocking...
- Can someone please explain the differences between the D80 and D40x?
- Unique shot!
- 'not feeling creative' holiday pictures.
- is a 28mm good enough for landscape or should i get a somewhere between 15-18mm
- Seattle Camera store recommendations?
- Trip and a summary of pictures
- RAW shooters using Macs, take a good look at Raw Developer
- Well...ended up getting the daughter a D40...she loves it.
- Any Canon DSLR owners here experience an ERR 99 message with their camera?
- Just inherited a Hasselblad 1000F with lenses and accessories.
- anybody here doing their own inkjet photo printing?
- Actually that post about the hasselblad reminds me...
- So, I pulled out my Canon AE-1 tonite (vintage '79 SLR)
- and more toys on the way... it's been a good christmas for the camera bag
- Since I have learned with some confidence that the outdated Sigma 28 - 70 and Quantaray 70 - 300....
- First D40 pic post in here. Hope you like
- where do these "spots" come from? They are there in one pic and not in the next one.
- Why does my Sigma 18-50 always make
- That time of year =)
- And off the North Carolina for UConn Football's Meineke Car Care Bowl =D
- Wasn't someone wanting to sell a 12mm - ? here a few days ago?
- I hope everyone had a Happy Festivus... Care to share some pics? OK, I'll go first...
- no more putting it off. which version of CS3 to get?
- I guess I will pose this question to the photography crowd.
- Travelling all day, Boston to Hartford to DC to Charlotte
- made a very akward capture this morning... and by akward, it's just off somehow...
- Is there much difference between using a generic SD card over a more expensive version?
- A few Eagle shots...
- IS or not to IS?
- Lightroom users + watermark lovers, check out this plugin
- Took another canoe trip.
- Fast/Portrait Lens for Nikon. Question>
- Tell me what you think of this photo
- =( After all the excitement, huskies come out under
- Talk me out of a 40D. I currently have a 350D (Rebel XT), but I see myself buying a 40D very soon.
- Eagle shots from Thursday
- any takers? :)
- Advice on restoring old b/w photographs
- Lightroom Users
- My first camera... I'd like to share
- ick - printing from lightroom, unless using custom profiles, is a f'ing pain in the ass
- So, I decided against all of the "Only Buy a $1,000 Tripod" advice. . .
- stupid question... does color space setting in camera make any difference if shooting RAW?
- Thinking of adding a lens to my D40...
- Happy New Year everyone!
- My best pic yet but I only got the camera a few days ago.
- Anyone catch 'Travels to the edge' with Art Wolfe?
- Does shooting RAW slow the camera down?
- Snow is a great backdrop.
- Is Ebay the way to sell a Nikon D70?
- Geek-chachos- why would my PC quit recognizing my DSLR.
- $300 good price for 17-85 and hood?
- bored.....so I went out last night and took these...
- Trying some pics of my salt water tank
- Comments on Canon EF-S 17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS?
- How is it that the lens on my 400$ camera does 36-432 with aperture down to 2.7 and a 1000$ DSLR
- 580ex II showed up last night... so far, pretty happy with it...
- what is a good budget landscape lens for around 200 and under
- Anyone here familiar with Savannah School of Art & Design...
- Upgrade from 350D: 30D w/ grip, 6.5k actuations for $750 - good deal?
- Mac users: what do you use for your workflow and image storage/browsing?
- I am looking at getting an SLR. Is this the going rate?
- As good as it gets !
- My 1st post on this forum with pics from my new to me Canon Digital Rebel XT. Subject matter: Birds
- Hey RKA. This post(pic) on the B5S4 forum made me think of you.
- Photo galleries: They are all fine. I do recommend the TAVIA gallery in order to start this week
- From this weekends shoot....
- Please vote for my jellyfish picture, a semi-finalist for a NW photo contest!
- I'm lovin the gallery2 software.
- Which lens would you choose
- Came close to a new body twice this weekend!
- Thoughts on this lens?
- Anyone want to buy a really clean Giottos MT-9180 tripod?
- Say Cheese!
- Please vote for my picture as well...! Mature Bald Eagle with a Shad
- Took a trip to Myrtle beach
- I wanna be rich!
- some still life...
- Quick question: Do Nikon film SLR lenses fit Nikon digital SLRs? TIA.
- wanted ....cheap $ complact flash cards....where to buy?
- what one do you like best?
- Ten Month Checkup
- Intro & Return to AW.....
- getting a D80, is this (noob) package good?
- Lensbaby. thinking about getting one for my XTi. what-say-you AW?
- someone point me to a used Mamiya buyers guide?
- Does anyone have a Canon 50mm f/1.8 they want to part with?
- Just ordered a Canon 17-40mm f/4 L
- Fun with light-painting
- Published photos
- My newest subject
- i could use some guidance on simple off-camera flash setups...
- My only remotely interesting pics so far....
- When Shrimp attack! Some new tries at shooting my tank.
- GoPro Digital Hero 3
- Need an inexpensive point and shoot.
- I can't wait... It's Mavericks time!
- It seems like many here could use this.
- Thanks to whoever recommended Lensrentals.com.
- Having trouble taking clear pictures with my new DSLR...
- Workflow BT: When exporting RAW into Tiff (or whichever one you prefer), which resolution?
- Any love for this shot?
- can anyone recommend good freeware software for photo editing?
- A few Mavericks Photos...
- What has happened to Canon quality control???
- need advice on a camera
- So now Sigma wants me to send them my camera and the 24-70.....
- Last day to vote for my picture....!
- Ford Slaps Brand Enthusiasts, Returns Love With Legal Punch
- uh oh.... you ever bid on something as a goof... and win?
- Canon Powershot SD750
- Got the 17-40mm today....
- Only if she wasn't so nosey...
- Okay, dos mas
- Winter here, no races to shoot
- Not completely photo related but
- Meh pic but played with HDR.
- if anyone's looking, B&H has D3 in stock right NOW. Not on the website, gotta call
- Another 17-40 Shot 56k need not apply
- How can you determine largest picture size?
- Who makes the smallest ultra-compact digital camera?
- Anyone care to make me a simple signature pic out of one of these two really bad pictures?
- FORUM POLL: What state are you from? I am in NY
- Quechee Gorge in winter.....
- Driving from Navada to Maine, need suggestions.
- My first post here in the Photog forum...
- Filter Poll: What stays on the lens longer, the UV or circular polarizer?
- 25 degrees out, still went out shooting!!!
- P&S camera suggestions? toss up between SD1000 and G9
- Big change at B&H
- Should I keep the battery that the Sigma techs left in my 30D then shipped it back?
- Took another shot of the moon. Did I do better this time?
- are the Panasonic Lumix P&S digicams any good? they seem to have some good features
- need something close to canon 10-22 lens but not as expesnive
- Still a photo n00b trying to figure out how to process RAW.
- help me out...should i be shooting in RAW?
- Latest copy..... Front focuses noticably at 70mm... Grr......
- damn, it's cold outside!!
- SD.... SDHC... what the heck?!
- Camera (300D body) SOLD
- What are the proper precautions for bringing dslr into cold weather and back inside?
- x post: my trip to Italy
- Cell Phone cameras: Post your best shots with your worse camera!
- Canon 450XT (Rebel XSi)
- Anyone want to buy a nice 24-70 EX f/2.8 Sigma?
- Some new toys!
- What are these worth? I have two Canon AE-1 Program Cameras one of them with a Hanimex MC..
- Minty Nikon D200 and extras going up on the block!!
- Shots from a grey day...
- Froze my ass off for 5 hours this morning, waiting for the eagles to shows.
- it's time.
- ALMS Sebring, FL
- Spent 24 hours in NYC.
- It's heeeeeeeeeeeeeeereeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee........
- WWAWD? Used 20D or new XSi 450D?
- A quik trip across America.
- you know how when you've had problems with things in the past, and you get something new...
- I thought I should try again, but serious this time...
- Indoor Pole Vault C&C
- C&C4ME tyvm
- don't think i ever posted about my Turkey trip...
- OK... I need another point of few... Nikon shooters, set me straight...
- some pics of my toys....
- any "must see" sites in Madrid Spain?
- Strange and cool at the same time.
- My brother's homecoming from 6 month deployement
- it's going to be happening more and more now... how many computers can i use CS3 with?
- Bored last night...
- A few Scotland pics...
- I have noticed that prints tend to always look darker than the shots I view on my screen
- went over the border into Lake Geneva WI on a date last night...
- LOL looks like Canon will need another color dot in addition to blue
- What do you get when you move state and leave your son a geometric dome home?
- 24-70 f/2.8L gripe....
- *sigh* dreaming of 21.1 MP FF
- I want to get my trip photos and make a DVD time it to music etc for family.
- anybody know of a good quality ExpressCard CF reader?
- re-vamped the site....
- A few pictures from my Disney Cruise to the Bahamas
- OT*poll* Whos the youngest here?
- Holy chit... One MONDO lens....
- My Canon AE-1
- does a monopod help in steadying a shot?
- So I forgot how hard Sports Photography is... Darn!
- Nikon ALMOST.... almost got it right with this lens..
- A few (ok a bunch) of shots of our puppy
- Picture request...
- I'm about to order a copy of cs3 and was looking to see what the best tutorial is.
- i know i'm a cell phone whore. a foot of snow outside, haven't made it out there yet. so...
- Been up all night so I had a go at HDR
- Somebody on the other forum said someone is looking for this...
- Has anybody ever done a Panoramic HDR?
- A bunch of shots taken with my Canon PowerShot A95. Beginner here so C&C is welcome.
- So can the focus sensor in Canon DSLR's be confused easily?
- D300 arrived last night!!
- Not as exciting as a D300, but picked this up...
- D300 on sale for $1679 at OneCall....
- Nikon D40 18-55 kit with xtra battery on sale at amazon $452 shipped
- What are the good places to buy used gear?
- Took some more pictures on my second trip to the Philly Auto Show. Improvement?