View Full Version : Photography Discussion
- My first moon picture
- Anyone looking for a new body?
- Noob here: can someone simply explain to me how lens rating (ex. 18-55mm) relate to zoom?
- Anybody know anything about Cambridge photo? Supposedly in Manhattan
- Shooting your own passport photo
- reccomendations for (free) monitor calibration utilities?
- Calumet photo customer service = teh good
- looking to take a self portrait of myself... I'm wondering how much equipment I need to rent
- Did the old lightbox shoot.....
- Fun at the zoo w/ Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS
- Got the canon 50mm F1.8 today.
- View from Beacon Rock!
- Took the D80 to a car show...
- My newest moon shot
- finally took a few shots with the remote
- Alien Bees arrived...if my model wasn't such a dummy I'd have had some cool pics!
- on filters and image quality
- That's hot!!!!
- Post your Pet Shot??
- Photoshop Junkies: Challenge for you
- some pics...can't tell you what settings, just messing around...
- educate me about sony's dslr offerings.
- Watching a master work: Jerry Garns and the Hasselblad H3D-39
- febreze...more fun with the Alien Bees
- cheapest place to pick up a sigma 70-200 f2.8
- b a n a n a s
- Post your Gear...
- Time Lapse photography.
- Playing with light
- This may be common knowledge/unremarkable but:
- tips for shooting underwater?
- Nike id Free 7.0
- Kitonb Extreme Theatre Company and Mobile
- <edit> Replaced image with this final version...
- WW! any of you know what type of CS treatment/filter is used
- Poll: Canon 17-40, 24-70, 24-105 IS?
- Ice racing
- how's this for a noob? what can i do better
- been in the negative numbers lately, so not much action...
- PSA. It's 5 outside, windy and snowing. I think I am going to make a light box.
- Not from a light box.
- New model under wraps
- when you see someone taking pictures, do you ever offer constructive critisism?
- Finally sold my first photo
- Been lurking here for quite some time. Would like some comments on these pics I took.
- Took some photos of my dad's new ride last night.
- Some of you guys should try to start marketing yourself (well, if you want to sell your work)...
- how much would you look to charge for pictures on a website?
- Making me dizzy
- best place to find vintage cameras?
- Looking to buy a new lens. The lens I could use everyday.
- Camera lens to take to london?
- My first time with some studio lights
- sure this has been asked before, but does anyone have experience w/ stickypod?
- Which would you expect to be sharper between 200mm and 300mm:
- everyone's always on 50mm lens' jock, what about a 28 or 35mm prime?
- NiMH batteries question. my camera uses 1.2V 1600mAh batteries, but can I use 2000mAh ones?
- Blast from the past...
- my camera doesn't seem to 'read' my external flash?
- Yaaayyy! I have this - Canon EF 28-300/3.5-5.6L - to play with for the next 3 weeks or so
- Any of you play with video as well? picked up a Sony hd camcorder and
- Monopod suggestions anyone? Looking for a sturdy one that also compacts to a reasonable length
- hello all, I think this is my first post on the photo forum,
- so i think i got my first official gig. shooting a local band
- Does anyone know of anywhere that I could find some hi-res pictures of Lake Tahoe?
- Good every day use lens?
- ok I think I have decided on this lens for my/wifes everyday use....comments please
- My latest contract. Dorval Int Airport of Montreal
- uughh, why is the Canon 10-22mm so @#$%#! expensive? I'm planning to upgrade
- How much should I charge???
- I re-worked some pictures I took this summer in Photoshop
- I need some PHOTOSHOP help guys...
- driving, snow, and the auto show...
- Manual Focus EE Screen and Gary Fongs lightsphere
- f3d, I forgot to list out the specs on the pics I sent in for the contest, if you need them I will
- Ordered some prints from MPix to try 'em out
- fun with long exposures and a spotlight
- Jerry Garns & the H3D ~ an early version of the "door" photo.
- This image is amazing...
- Shot for dgrin.com challenge #84
- Poll: What would be your dream destination for photography vacation?
- My best falls pic yet!
- Shots from the Chicago Auto Show
- Some digital camera opinions.
- Toronto autoshow
- Audi Photo Contest on Painkillerz.ca
- Just bought a 24-120mm VR Nikon... any of ya'll use this lens?
- I got my Canon 28-135 IS saturday
- how often do you reformat your memory cards?
- have a 24-105 L, looking for a wide angle with similar image quality, ideas? (not too $)
- More Indoor Sports C&C
- Fun in the snow....
- More fun in the snow
- hopefully the last bit of snow...
- A bunch of stuff
- so Lightroom is officially on sale now... what's the diff between this and photoshop?
- Anyone know the NEW bhphoto discount codes? None of the ps*** codes work anymore. TIA
- Went out to the city park today and snapped some pics of the geese and seagulls there. First time
- A few random images...
- Any guide to shooting sunrises/sunsets?
- Canon EOS 350D vs. Pentax K100D
- Happy Birthday to
- I need a good info source for my D50 and SLR shooting in general.
- Is this too good to be true???
- This is why you need protective filters on your lenses
- Aside from this one. Which Photography forum you guys are part of or just lurcking?
- follow up on mpix: while the ordering process sucks, the prints are excellent
- where's a good quality, but relatively inexpensive place for canvas prints?
- Wow... 1D-MrkIII
- Charlie Rose's interview with Henri Cartier-Bresson
- Nikon Glass BT question on the 18-200 VR lens.
- Snapfish is offering a free 11x14 poster print
- has nothing to do with digital, but does anyone have a Holga camera?
- X post from offtopic, what kind of camera is this and why does it not look like the huge contraption
- So since I missed out on photography class in high school and I can't go back, what are my options
- I'm so proud :)
- what a joke. my lightroom beta expires in 5 days, but I can't get through to buy version 1.
- picture number one is pretty sweet
- Whatever happened to the photo contest? Were the results ever posted?
- Motorsports Photography
- My new nephew...
- just ordered the Eye One Display 2....come on UPS!
- Some band shots
- Wooden face
- what are you using for off camera flash accessories?
- Anyone of you motorsports guys shoot at VIR before?
- All of you hardcore (air) travelling photogs. What regulations are there for bringing gear on board?
- whatever happened with the photo contest?
- Abstract iceberg photos
- so Lightroom is actually pretty good
- Snowbasin, UT 2/24/07
- A day spent with American Bald Eagles
- A Cardinal and his babe
- Anyone looking for a Canon 50/1.0?
- anyone looking for more memory cards?
- How far in advance of launch does Canon typically announce it's next line of Cameras?
- How cool is this?
- a few nice pics from the snow this weekend
- Action shot from yesterday
- can I get, or do I even want to get my sunpack 522 to sync up with my XTi
- D80 worth the upgrade from a D50?
- The Canon 17-55 2.8 is an amazing Lens...
- How Canon makes the 500/4 IS
- A little bit tired.
- A picture from this weekend and two photos that I entered into a photography show.
- Waterproof Camera
- Nikon DSLR help, looking at either the D70s or the D80
- Anyone using the "screen protectors" - self sticking vinyl for your DSLR display - Thoughts?
- Got my first laptop - now I need a bag for camera gear AND the PC
- We're all weaklings compared to this guy
- hey truth, picture number 10 is perfect for what you were doing
- pretty funny
- Best point and shoot for under $300?
- Smugmug users: happy with the site? decent place to start selling photos for an amateur?
- Headshots/Portraits - what would you recommend?
- Out with the photography group
- Paging "NogaroHiro" - I have a question for you re: GT3 seats in a B5 S4 - if you see this and...
- So I'm starting to set up a Smugmug site to sell my photos, but am a little confused...
- So I lost the Eyecup ( i think thats right) the rubber thing around the viewfnder
- All this Smug Mug made me decide to try out an account. Here is a recent job...
- pics from the other day...
- My son is a goofball
- Cold windy morning
- Where in the world is Kris Hansen?
- An interesting composition that just happened.....
- The easier way down...
- Kinda wierd..
- Perfect Snow
- Oregon Coast.
- newbie here, looking for a fish eye lens for a sony dsc-f717. Where should I look?
- My lame attempts at HDR
- Ice racing shots
- Thanks for all your advice everyone!
- TRUTH: Thanks for the Smug Mug referal code. Hooked you and I up.
- Canon 70-200L F2.8 IS
- parallel universe
- dgrin.com "Last Photographer Standing" contest...$25,000 in prizes!
- Let's try this again.
- Computrekker AW arrived today
- Anybody have a direct line for Canon's rebate program? Not only did they misspell my last name
- Went north to shoot tonight. It was between -11 and -19, NOT windchill. I am home and beat.
- after reading the Strobist forums, i decided on a wireless set up for my flash
- Need a fast (f/2.8) zoom for weddings and such.
- Every young woman wants to be a photographer.
- What should I do?
- my 'state of 5 years ago' canon G2 is getting haggard...best point-and-shoot digicam <$350 msrp?
- 1st crack at "fashion" imagery...
- OMG! 200-500 f/2.8 zoom by Sigma
- are canon 350d's known for underexposing images?
- Oui Oui
- Few from Toronto
- Preview from VIR
- A recent favorite
- Good photo storage website to store photos & share?
- Pricing for engagement photos.
- Playing around with my Nikon 18-200 VR lens on my D50 + AdobeLightRoom.
- Few from today
- Watched pots do boil...
- Supermoto shots / Malibu canyons / 3/11
- Its that time again... podcast update...
- Questions about watermarks on my photos
- tiffen 2x telephoto 37mm conversion lens at circuitcity.com, regularly $42, now $1.99...
- New camera: Olympus SP-550UZ
- My photoshop action to create borders
- Ultimate Cleaning Kit?
- Interesting concept...
- Microsoft HD Photo launched today
- Couple shots I took today...
- Gallery of favorites
- I need your votes, comments, suggestions, etc...
- Nick here are the pics you wanted to see...
- A Collection of some top-notch HDR shots
- Looking for an easy way to embed a slideshow on my website
- Spring is here!
- photos from last weekend's wedding....
- city, lake, kid
- Congrats to Noeltykay and wifey on their new baby boy
- come ON already, UPS...got this little fella arriving today to become the home of my new S3 IS...
- Just another sunset
- My boys (not quite 4: the tower. not quite 6: the towee), snapshots on the driveway.
- Anyone using a Metz Mecablitz 54-MZ3 with the Canon 30D?
- Paging :Taner (re resizing program)
- Comments and suggestions... (web site deisgn)
- Italy BT: So I'm going to Rome/Venice in May, and I'm debating what if anything I should buy for
- a curiosity, ....
- Happy feet...
- any suggestions for novice re: a photo/movie camera?
- VIR galleries are (mostly) done
- recommendations on a good ball head?
- Anyone here shooting medium format at all?
- caught a pretty decent sunset the other night
- Best ultra-compact around $200???
- guess the city panoramic (bww)
- Apparently I struck a nerve....
- suggestions for 2nd/3rd external flash units...
- My first shoot with the recording studio is tonight!!!!!
- Sunset of last evening.. I was particularily interested by the highlights on the trees...
- Why does the AW Photo contest keep failing?
- any hi res photos of the audi logo?... stfa
- Some pictures of Autzen Stadium at night
- Casio Exilim S600, or Z75?
- Been a while since I posted pics. Here are a few from yesterday.
- Wish me luck .. 30D is off to Canon with a pair of lenses for calibration
- 'best' place to get photoshop for a mac?
- How do you guys feel about renting lenses as a noob?
- If you were to pick 1 prime lens (on a 1.6x body) to carry with you, which would it be?
- any tips for getting a good driver's license photo taken?
- Shots from my first paid photo shoot!!!!!