Notices
Audi allroad Discussion forum for the original Audi allroad

If anyone has Icelink and wants a secondary HARD Wired Sirius/XM or other audio device..

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2006, 02:18 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default If anyone has Icelink and wants a secondary HARD Wired Sirius/XM or other audio device..

I did it! It does work. No Blitz, PIE harness or other device needed..its so simple.

Buy a 1/8 Stereo plug cord that will plug into the output of your XM/Sirus unit.

Plug it into your unit and run the wire as needed to rear of the radio cavity.

Find your radio keys and slide your radio out of the dash. (cut power if you wish) but you will be done in 5 minutes anyway and you are not touching the power with this mini mod.

If the other end of the new cord has plugs cut them both off and strip about 1/2 of wire away. Twist the groun of each lead together. You should now have 1 red and 1 black wire stripped bare at the end.

The harness of the Icelink has a white and a gray wire. These are the Audio Left and Audio Right input wires that go into the radio.

Buy some wire taps or just strip a little of the insulation away from each wire in the center of the harness...

Attach the white to the black and gray to the red. Tape the splices as needed.

UNPLUG the IPOD..again..UNPLUG THE IPOD.. Turn on your sat unit. Turn on your radio and hit your cd button so the CDC shows.

Adjust the volume and listen to the clarity of a NON FM audio signal.

Total cost: $2.99 for the cord from Radio Shack or Best Buy.

Caution...if you want to listen to your I-pod.. Turn the XM/Sirius off first. you don't want two signal going in at once. It will creat a worm hole and cause devastation to the universe.
Old 12-26-2007, 12:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I did it too in my 01 A6 with the icelink. THANKS Paulroad

The fm transmitter SUCKED