A8 / S8 (D5 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D5 Audi A8 Produced from 2017-Present
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Europrice Matrix Headlight activation

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2023, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Prbsco
Was laser light an option or standard on our matrix equipped cars?
It was an added option.
Old 12-16-2023, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Anmol Singh Sandhu
It was an added option.
got it…errrr….guess I dont

thanks Anmol
The following users liked this post:
Anmol Singh Sandhu (12-16-2023)
Old 12-17-2023, 03:00 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My 2020 A8L is loaded with options but does not say "matrix" only "LED." I'm guessing that's the one thing I missed other than the rear seat upgrades. Am I right?
Old 12-18-2023, 05:46 AM
Audiworld Basic Sponsor

Received 228 Likes on 184 Posts

Originally Posted by twinpeaks
My 2020 A8L is loaded with options but does not say "matrix" only "LED." I'm guessing that's the one thing I missed other than the rear seat upgrades. Am I right?
If you send over your VIN I can check that for you: contact@europrice.us

Cheers,

Old 12-21-2023, 08:32 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 711 Likes on 502 Posts

I just sent in my order to Europrice, so let’s see how it goes.

Last edited by derfA8L; 01-04-2024 at 06:23 AM.
The following 3 users liked this post by derfA8L:
Alex@Europrice.us (12-21-2023), KK22 (12-21-2023), Prbsco (12-21-2023)
Old 01-04-2024, 06:21 AM
AudiWorld Super User

UPDATE:
I received the VAS5045A OBD interface yesterday from Europrice and was able to also get the Matrix headlights activated right away. Sam the remote technician was great; he had the matrix lights and maneuver lights (the exterior door handle lighting on when car is in reverse) both activated in under a half hour. The process is very simple—once connected remotely, I essentially just sat in the car and watched stuff happen on the virtual cockpit. As a side note, you can also have coding done to activate “Maneuver Assist” which automatically stops the car to avoid hitting stationary objects during low speed maneuvers like parking.

My initial observations on the Matrix Lighting after a very quick 15 minute test drive after sundown:
1) works as advertised in providing optimum lighting on dark unlit roadways.
2) effectively shades oncoming cars and those ahead of your car— no one flashed their bright lights at me.
3) the system is speed and GPS location dependent in that it doesn’t automatically become active at lower speeds or on well lit roads. It works off the car’s Driver Assist function, so I expect it not to be working in city driving, which does make sense. This presented a mixed bag for me— On one hand, it was great on the dark unlit 40mph village road leading to my home’s general location, but unfortunately was inactive when I turned off that road onto the low speed 25mph unlit/dark and deer populated road that winds past ponds and estuaries that takes me home (had to manually turn on the hi-beams). It would be better IMO if vehicle speed wasn’t a factor in the equation.

Regarding the Maneuver Lighting, it does offer some additional visual awareness around the sides of the car when in reverse. Looks cool also. Not a compelling feature to have IMO, but not an expensive add on, so what the heck. Think I may have Sam add the Maneuver Assist at some point. It might just save a few potential dents and scrapes from city garage attendants.

Overall, happy I did the Matrix activation. It will be a useful safety feature for the majority of my “after dark” driving adventures.

Last edited by derfA8L; 01-04-2024 at 06:52 AM.
The following 7 users liked this post by derfA8L:
Alex@Europrice.us (01-04-2024), angrypengu (01-04-2024), gb4.2 (01-05-2024), KK22 (01-04-2024), mattsrs (01-04-2024), mikeru (01-04-2024), Prbsco (01-04-2024) and 2 others liked this post. (Show less...)
Old 01-04-2024, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by derfA8L
UPDATE:
I received the VAS5045A OBD interface yesterday from Europrice and was able to also get the Matrix headlights activated right away. Sam the remote technician was great; he had the matrix lights and maneuver lights (the exterior door handle lighting on when car is in reverse) both activated in under a half hour. The process is very simple—once connected remotely, I essentially just sat in the car and watched stuff happen on the virtual cockpit. As a side note, you can also have coding done to activate “Maneuver Assist” which automatically stops the car to avoid hitting stationary objects during low speed maneuvers like parking.
Thanks for sharing the update! I am on the fence whether to do this or not. The activation requirements you mentioned about speed/location gave me pause. I live in a suburb/urban area so not sure how much it will help me and this is not necessarily helpful in the highway either. I guess it is best for folks driving in the rural back roads.
Old 01-04-2024, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mattsrs
Thanks for sharing the update! I am on the fence whether to do this or not. The activation requirements you mentioned about speed/location gave me pause. I live in a suburb/urban area so not sure how much it will help me and this is not necessarily helpful in the highway either. I guess it is best for folks driving in the rural back roads.
No problem. I think it’s worthwhile if you drive on dark unlit roadways, either dark unlit suburban/rural roads or unlit highways—all situations I typically encounter. I also drive in heavily deer populated areas, so having the extra roadside illumination without blinding other drivers is important for me. I wouldn’t say it’s only value is for “rural back roads,” but you’re the best judge of what fits your needs.

Last edited by derfA8L; 01-06-2024 at 10:01 AM.
Old 01-04-2024, 09:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 794 Likes on 580 Posts

Thanks for sharing @derfA8L ! Did you have to give up your VIN in order for Sam to get the parameterization files from his friend at Audi? Also, if I read this correctly, at lower speeds even with high beam stalk depressed away from you (e.g. on), high beam will not turn on at all? (i presume the only other option is to pull it towards you and to continually hold it to manually engage high beam?) I think this is what you're alluding to but this does give me some pause if this is the case
Old 01-04-2024, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by angrypengu
Thanks for sharing @derfA8L ! Did you have to give up your VIN in order for Sam to get the parameterization files from his friend at Audi? Also, if I read this correctly, at lower speeds even with high beam stalk depressed away from you (e.g. on), high beam will not turn on at all? (i presume the only other option is to pull it towards you and to continually hold it to manually engage high beam?) I think this is what you're alluding to but this does give me some pause if this is the case
Hi angry. I did provide Europrice the VIN, which I suppose was given to Sam. Regarding the hi-beam issue, they do activate manually by pushing the stalk away from you..at any speed. This turns OFF the matrix function and allows the hi-beams to function normally. You don’t have to pull the stalk and hold the hi-beam “flash.” In essence, you are able to switch between matrix and normal hi-beam functionality. Hope that clears things up.
The following 3 users liked this post by derfA8L:
angrypengu (01-04-2024), gb4.2 (01-05-2024), KK22 (01-04-2024)

Quick Reply: Europrice Matrix Headlight activation