A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Why so hard to find loaded up S8's & A8's? Anyone selling?

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2021, 02:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Why so hard to find loaded up S8's & A8's? Anyone selling?

Got the new, I should say "used car itch". I've been looking for a while for a loaded up, light colored, newer S8 or even a loaded up A8 sport, I see some out there but not too many with the B&O, ACC and full leather packages on them. Being the car cost so much anyway, why would there be so many on the market that don't have all the good stuff on them?

I'm looking for a light colored white, silver or light gray if anyone is selling. No interest in dark colors due to living on a gravel road. Send me a PM if you are thinking of selling and let me know what you have and where you are at please.
Old 07-20-2021, 03:46 PM
W12 Aficionado

Received 599 Likes on 401 Posts

Go for a W12, basically everything is standard and most opted for full leather and B&O. Then you don’t have to worry about down pipes and turbos or oil screens or coolant leaks. You also get some stuff that wasn’t available on the S8/other A8s.

There’s a handful of white W12s and a Quartz Grey for sale right now, the Quartz is very well optioned. There’s also a highly optioned Ibis/beige for sale. Both are 5-seater
Old 07-20-2021, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Mine is for sale. white 2015, 4.0T with less than 21,000 miles. It is on Autotrader.
Old 07-20-2021, 11:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 163 Likes on 124 Posts

Originally Posted by tx170754
Mine is for sale. white 2015, 4.0T with less than 21,000 miles. It is on Autotrader.
Pics?
The following users liked this post:
09S5 (07-21-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 77 Likes on 53 Posts

I mean everything's always for sale for the right price.

Only thing my s8+ is missing is cold weather, full leather and designer interior. 58k miles all service records. Basically stock except for the andriod auto/car play thing and the SRM intakes for some noise. Never tuned, not TD1.

09S5 (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Thats a beauty, but I can't go without the cold weather for sure.

With as low as the used car inventory is right now, and pricing being sky high, I may have to wait till next year when more used vehicles are on the market. It just surprises me that most of these high end cars are not loaded up with more of the good stuff in them. I can't believe how rare the B&O has gotten compared to the early years of the D4. I know the Bose is not up to par for me now that I've had the B&O.

I must have the Sport differential and dynamic steering, (which the S8 has anyway), cold weather package, driver assistant package, B&O and leather on the center and outside arm rests. Its hard to keep up with everything as some of the options are different or may even come standard on certain models as well. Nothing is worse for a guy that puts on huge miles than to not have all the options you wanted originally, and with these more rare vehicles they must be purchased across country and shipped or never seen or driven prior to purchase which is risky. It's always good to see the pictures or window sticker to make sure of the vehicles options.

I know one thing, I'm getting sick of looking every night and scouring all the sale sites. My wife thinks I have an obsession and she is right. I've got to find the perfect car for me because I drive them till the end or until I get another itch for a different one. I'm honestly surprised I'm even looking for another Audi, I had so many issues with mine the first 100,000 miles that I swore I'd never buy another one, but the last 85,000 miles have been issue free other than front wheels bearing and brakes that I changed myself. Who would have thought.
09S5 (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 01:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 80 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by KnappAttack
... I've been looking for a while for a loaded up, light colored, newer S8 or even a loaded up A8 sport, I see some out there but not too many with the B&O, ACC and full leather packages on them. Being the car cost so much anyway...
KnappAttack, link below is to an S8+ spec'd to your wants.

2017 White S8+

Glad to see you're staying in the Audi family. In 2019/20 your posts were not positive around your ownership, and you mentioned a couple of times your current D4 4.2 would be your last Audi. I don't know if it gets much better than an S8+. I'm sure 2T4R will have a counter to the S8+ statement.

Good luck.

Last edited by 2001 S8; 07-24-2021 at 01:47 PM.
09S5 (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 02:38 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by KnappAttack
Thats a beauty, but I can't go without the cold weather for sure.

With as low as the used car inventory is right now, and pricing being sky high, I may have to wait till next year when more used vehicles are on the market. It just surprises me that most of these high end cars are not loaded up with more of the good stuff in them. I can't believe how rare the B&O has gotten compared to the early years of the D4. I know the Bose is not up to par for me now that I've had the B&O.

I must have the Sport differential and dynamic steering, (which the S8 has anyway), cold weather package, driver assistant package, B&O and leather on the center and outside arm rests. Its hard to keep up with everything as some of the options are different or may even come standard on certain models as well. Nothing is worse for a guy that puts on huge miles than to not have all the options you wanted originally, and with these more rare vehicles they must be purchased across country and shipped or never seen or driven prior to purchase which is risky. It's always good to see the pictures or window sticker to make sure of the vehicles options.

I know one thing, I'm getting sick of looking every night and scouring all the sale sites. My wife thinks I have an obsession and she is right. I've got to find the perfect car for me because I drive them till the end or until I get another itch for a different one. I'm honestly surprised I'm even looking for another Audi, I had so many issues with mine the first 100,000 miles that I swore I'd never buy another one, but the last 85,000 miles have been issue free other than front wheels bearing and brakes that I changed myself. Who would have thought.
I can see your pain, these days apparently Carvana is buying a lot of cars, they've just bought my A8 for $2500 more than it was advertised. I've got it on Autotrader for a couple of months and got all kind of stupid offers, trying to flip the car etc. got tired and tried Carvana.....
09S5 (07-24-2021)
Old 07-24-2021, 02:46 PM
W12 Aficionado

Received 599 Likes on 401 Posts

Oh no! Is that how I paint myself? I’m not a hater of the S8, very cool car.

I just don’t think it’s the be all and end all. If one has a limousine there should be some substance to the back seat. There’s a reason why all the flagships are LWB with gadgets in the back (12 cylinder mill notwithstanding), S65, M760Li, W12.

But very very very cool car. And to find one with all options would be great. I’ve only seen one with both full leather and RSE and only two total with RSE. A few with leather and B&O though, semi-common.

If I wanted a V8 and didn’t care about the back seat I’d get the impossibly good Lexus LC 500 (though I know it came out at the very end of the D4 S8 run so if I was shopping in 2013 it doesn’t apply). If I only cared about 0-60 then the 911 Turbo.
Old 07-24-2021, 04:41 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 2001 S8
KnappAttack, link below is to an S8+ spec'd to your wants.

2017 White S8+

Glad to see you're staying in the Audi family. In 2019/20 your posts were not positive around your ownership, and you mentioned a couple of times your current D4 4.2 would be your last Audi. I don't know if it gets much better than an S8+. I'm sure 2T4R will have a counter to the S8+ statement.

Good luck.

You are correct there. I pretty much despised my A8 to start. I had a BUNCH of issues with it that were too numerous to mention the first 100,000 miles, but the last 85000 have been drama free.

Love that S8+, but the grey interior is a no go for me. I'm sounding very picky I know.

Last edited by KnappAttack; 07-24-2021 at 04:57 PM.

Quick Reply: Why so hard to find loaded up S8's & A8's? Anyone selling?