A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truphone MMI Connect

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2018, 09:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LexusLSguy
I was bored and went out and played with everything. Good news, it does work I can confirm. The google search via voice command, google POI, Earth, and the Audi Connect phone app. Very cool. I had no idea the car even had this feature.. I had totally forgot that I needed to enter the Truphone APN in previously. The sim was connected but not downloading anything... doh

You need to enter in the APN: truphone.com (It needs to be lowercase make sure the t is not capitalized by default) Leave the other settings blank. I also went into the Audi Connect website and was playing around and was able to get the system to generate a pin. Not sure exactly, I think I was just setting up a profile or something but I'm obviously not paying for the service through Connect. I entered this pin into the vehicle and voila, it downloaded the 3 saved destinations I has saved for a test. The Audi Connect iPhone app appears to be working correctly as well allowing me to create a destination and upload it to the connect server and the vehicle will download it.
Looks like they have locked this down. I can't access anything outside of google earth. When I put the pin in on the nav it won't connect to the server.
Old 09-08-2018, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When you say you are able to get Google Earth and nothing else, does that include search or just the maps?