A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Some Thoughts on MMI Version 7.15

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 11:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

There is a TSB, but I don't know the number.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My service adviser told me "You pay a lot of money for an A8 and expect the best. You deserve the best, and anything we can do to help, we will". He said I could come in any time I have an issue and if I would like an MMI update, they are more than happy to do it for me.

On a side note, I am very happy with my local Audi dealership.
Old 04-29-2014, 12:37 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dkraszy05
Is there any TSB so that the dealer can do this update?
Not really. Audi frequently updates the MMI software to tweak the software, and will occasionally add some features. Unless an owner complains about a specific issue that is corrected by an update, most dealers are loath to perform them under warranty as Audi will not reimburse them for their time. There are many reports in the forums whereby many have had difficulty getting a dealer to do an MMI update and a few that have had no issues at all. Unfortunately, there's no consistency to this among dealers. Audi's philosophy on updates is if it ain't broke, they aren't going to pay for it.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:44 AM
AudiWorld Member

Default 2012 Updated to 7.15 in Minneapolis

My dealer did the update with no issues.

I have not figured out how to get street view to appear as yet.
Old 04-30-2014, 07:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 43 Likes on 30 Posts

With Nav active, it will appear in the list of directions when you are down to your last turn or so. You can also move the cursor around the screen with the touchpad and when you see the little street view man, turn the scale all the way down to 30 yards and then below and you will be taken to street view. You can then pan around the view with the touchpad. Note you have to be sitting still to do this.
Old 05-01-2014, 03:49 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by lgball
Tell them you are having bluetooth issues and that your stereo has loud pops all the time. Those are two of the reasons to update from what I've heard. I didn't have to ask for anything but all open campaigns.
Is there a location/website where the campaigns are listed?

thanks, Dave
Old 05-01-2014, 04:27 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Audiseeker
Is there a location/website where the campaigns are listed?
On the bottom right of this webpage under Recalls.
Keep in mind these are only campaigns, not TSB's.

TSBs, factory repair manuals and SSPs can be found on erWin.
Old 05-01-2014, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

sorry--new here
what is TSB? and SSP?
It appears one has to subscribe to this service---with one day costing $35
Is this valuable (what benefit would it give me--that a dealer wouldn't). or is this a double check on the dealer?
my car is still under warranty at 45K miles (2011)
thanks, Dave
Old 05-01-2014, 06:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

TSB = Technical Service Bulletin, e.g. 'Customer complains of ___ so do ___'

Campaigns generally reference TSBs, like the shifter SW update, sunroof issue, coolant expansion tank update, coil packs on D3, etc.
They are done usually automatically by the dealer more like a 'recall', with general TSBs not applied unless there is a problem since Audi has to pay for the work.

SSP = Self Study Program, mostly for dealer and independent technicians, heavy duty stuff

Yes, erWin costs to access with several different plans.
It's complete information, from the factory and replaces the old Bentley manuals.
You can see all the latest updates and search by VIN, with complete access to every Audi ever built - also has VW, Seat and Skoda versions.

I have all the repair manuals and some of the TSB's in PDF format from erWin.
Mostly because I like information and for me it's a 'can I do this, or does it need a dealer trip' kind of thing.
Like VCDS, it's another tool in the bag and the two are complimentary.
Old 05-03-2014, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I got my car back last night. I told them I was having problems with the iPhone 5S and iPhone 5 reconnecting to the Bluetooth system. They did some research and said that is a known issue with the earlier software versions and updated my system to:

HN+R_US_AU_K0715_2

They did not seem to want to update the software unless there was an issue with the car, which I guess makes sense. I was happy that I did not have to do any of the VAG-COM modifications over after the software update. (Mods are needle sweep, remote window control, increased coming home time to 60 seconds.)

The phone does connect much faster now. I have the B&O stereo system and am not sure if that sounds any better than before. I had an A8 loaner for 4 days with the Bose and I will say the B&O system to me sounds significantly better than the Bose. The stereo is what I missed the most driving the loaner car.

The loaner had the 3.0 in it and was a normal wheelbase. The loaner seemed pretty much as quick as the 4.2 but the 4.2 is noticeably smoother when accelerating. The normal wheelbase seemed more nimble than my long wheelbase.

Kris

Quick Reply: Some Thoughts on MMI Version 7.15