A8 / S8 (D4 Platform) Discussion Discussion Forum for the D4 Audi A8 Produced from 2010-2017 Audi S8 produced from 2012-2017
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Random Pic of your D4 RIGHT NOW

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2021, 10:17 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MUFASA
I love the white! looks so good on the A8L
Thanks! Some of the cars do not look good with white, but Audi's got that one right.

Old 03-12-2021, 01:52 PM
A8L 4.0T | Brooklyn

Received 38 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Motivology

One more thing, is there a way to quickly access the cameras without reversing? I tried looking up via owner's manual and didn't see it, unless I missed it.
you can access the camera by pressing the Park assist button. This feature is active at speeds less than 7mph or when stationary.`

Last edited by iamghana; 03-12-2021 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2021, 06:56 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 46 Likes on 31 Posts

Originally Posted by iamghana
you can access the camera by pressing the Park assist button. This feature is active at speeds less than 7mph or when parked.`
In Audi's wisdom (not sarcastic) you can toggle this on or off as required, which frankly is brilliant. It helps when you need to pull the land yacht into the garage and don't want to run over a scooter.
With my wife's 2019 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum (we had to buy that trim level just to get front parking sensors!) it only engages when you select reverse. I mean it'll beep in the front, but you don't get that sweet overhead 360 camera.
Also hers will beep like crazy in a drive through unless she puts it in park. After driving Audis for 5 years I much prefer turning it on or off as required.
Old 03-13-2021, 12:33 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 167 Likes on 128 Posts

The following users liked this post:
OberklasseA8 (05-02-2021)
Old 03-13-2021, 08:54 AM
W12 Aficionado

Received 607 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Paladin-S8
2T4R, your car is sick, man. All the bells and whistles- executive limo touches, for sure! My aim is to carry no one other than my wife for any type of distance so backseat creature comforts were and are a non-issue for me. As a matter of course, I also do not ride in the backseat of my own car. On the rare occasion, maybe the passenger seat. But it hasn't happened in this car yet.
Lets be honest, these cars are all a good deal more comfortable in the back than 90% of other cars, all the extra goodies just put it in that top 1%. And I’m also in the probably 0.1% that makes their wife drive them while they sit in the back ha!
Old 03-13-2021, 09:00 AM
W12 Aficionado

Received 607 Likes on 407 Posts

Originally Posted by Motivology
That's right - I believe the W12 is the top trim in the A8L line up with all the bells & whistles.. Also, which package does the ambient lights (the red ones in your photo) come with? I thought mine had it but after seeing your picture, now I am doubting it does because it is not that bright. I do have those lights in the ceiling.

Is there a way to confirm it has it? I do have the window sticker of my car but it doesn't say anything about those ambient lights?
Yes the W12 was some $55k on top of the next highest trim level, in Europe there were still TONS of options you can add.

Ambient lighting was standard in the US I believe. You can access it in the MMI via CAR, SYSTEMS, INTERIOR LIGHTING and AMBIENT LIGHTING. There you can select the color profile and various brightness.

Yours likely doesn’t look like mine because the 4-seat versions had additional lighting in the rear center console and my door cards are Audi exclusive with leather inserts in Cognac instead of the normal black Alcantara. The smoother surface and brighter color makes the light stand out much more.
Old 03-14-2021, 09:48 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by djfarhan
thats why i got like a 10 lot haha

yaaaaaaaaaas!
OberklasseA8 (05-02-2021)
Old 03-15-2021, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by iamghana
you can access the camera by pressing the Park assist button. This feature is active at speeds less than 7mph or when stationary.`
That worked! I wish I could turn on at any time. My 2015 BMW 640i xDrive GC allowed me to turn them on at any time.

Originally Posted by Shield
In Audi's wisdom (not sarcastic) you can toggle this on or off as required, which frankly is brilliant. It helps when you need to pull the land yacht into the garage and don't want to run over a scooter.
With my wife's 2019 Toyota Highlander Limited Platinum (we had to buy that trim level just to get front parking sensors!) it only engages when you select reverse. I mean it'll beep in the front, but you don't get that sweet overhead 360 camera.
Also hers will beep like crazy in a drive through unless she puts it in park. After driving Audis for 5 years I much prefer turning it on or off as required.
I wasn't able to turn it on while I was driving - which is a bit odd because my 2015 BMW 640i xDrive GC had no problem with it being on at any time.

Originally Posted by 2turbos4rings
Yes the W12 was some $55k on top of the next highest trim level, in Europe there were still TONS of options you can add.

Ambient lighting was standard in the US I believe. You can access it in the MMI via CAR, SYSTEMS, INTERIOR LIGHTING and AMBIENT LIGHTING. There you can select the color profile and various brightness.

Yours likely doesn’t look like mine because the 4-seat versions had additional lighting in the rear center console and my door cards are Audi exclusive with leather inserts in Cognac instead of the normal black Alcantara. The smoother surface and brighter color makes the light stand out much more.
Right - I knew they were the highest trim. I will try again, but they were nothing like yours. Maybe you're right - you had additional lighting that made it bright altogether.

Old 03-16-2021, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

of course chinese knockoffs hads to **** up the orientation. sigh.
darylcf108 (11-27-2022)
Old 03-16-2021, 08:04 AM
15 A8L TDI, 03 RS6, 01 S4

Received 57 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by djfarhan

of course chinese knockoffs hads to **** up the orientation. sigh.

You can take them apart and rotate the images. I had to on the ones I bought.

Quick Reply: Random Pic of your D4 RIGHT NOW